[Windows 7 64bit] Server feiled to respond to login attempt

Hey all,

I recently installed E&B and tried to play it but i get a server failed at responding to login attempt error.

I'm running WIndows 7 without a firewall, my ports forwarded, DMS and UPnP are enabled. I'm running the launcher and the client in Wind2K compatibility mode. Yet i still get server errrors everytime i launch the game.

Also everytime i launch Net7 it gives me a update error, but the time after that(if i force update), it'll run through the process normally but tel me that none of the file versions can be determined.

From what i can tell my client is at 250 and the net7 launcher is at 50.

The problem appears to lie in the fact that i can't install the security certificate so if anyone knows how to fix that, it'll probably work :P

any help?

Hey all,

I recently installed E&B and tried to play it but i get a server failed at responding to login attempt error.

I'm running WIndows 7 without a firewall, my ports forwarded, DMS and UPnP are enabled. I'm running the launcher and the client in Wind2K compatibility mode. Yet i still get server errrors everytime i launch the game.

Also everytime i launch Net7 it gives me a update error, but the time after that(if i force update), it'll run through the process normally but tel me that none of the file versions can be determined.

From what i can tell my client is at 250 and the net7 launcher is at 50.

The problem appears to lie in the fact that i can't install the security certificate so if anyone knows how to fix that, it'll probably work :)

any help?

Quick question, are you running Net7 launcher as an admin? If not I'd suggest to try that and then manually select install certificate from the menu.

Quick question, are you running Net7 launcher as an admin? If not I'd suggest to try that and then manually select install certificate from the menu.

Yeah i am, but after reading up on the forums a bit it seems that the cert is only needed if you want to run a server.

The current error is this.

2ica3hx.png

Also, this error shows up repeatedly in my error log.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.4.0

Time: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:02:37 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url)

at LaunchNet7.Updateing.Updater.CheckForUpdates()

this is the updater not connecting i think but if i force update after that it works.

If you wait a few minutes the shell will also state "MVAS thread running" but nothing else will happen. A couple of friends an myself (all diff. OSs and firewalls etc.) having EXACTLY the same problem here for about 2 weeks, but there's nothing (to) (be)(ing) done about it. I am almost 100% sure it has either something to do with the certificates (installing it manually or via launcher in admin mode does NOTHING) or (which imho is more likely) a server-side problem with certain IP ranges. I am sure this thread will die like all the others about this very problem : /

I will add to the masses, i am running net7 under admin, firewall is KIS 2010 which i have paused protection, on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and i keep getting this error. It says that the login failed, however it works enough to recognize it in the login screen, to create a class and to remember that class under the login that i am using.

error.png

post-1516-12634780950314_thumb.png

Works on my laptop win xp sp3. But I still cant get it to work under win 7 32bit. So its not server side problem nor ip range like some one said in this topic.

What I did on win 7 is:

install:

client

enb_up patch

net7setup

update net7

Launchernet7 and E&B.exe (Running as administrator and in win xp sp3 compatibility mode)

kaspersky IS 2010 turned off

added to hosts file:

217.160.5.19 local.net-7.org

Problem persists. Does a solution exist?