Are the mobs supposed to mob you?

I'm just curious b/c I've heard two different sides of this. I just want to know is it intentional for all the mobs to come from 10+ kilometers away and all attack you when you single one out? I mean it's very difficult to solo when you're being massacred by so many. So, is this intended?

If yes, is the intention with this to force people to group? Or was the it just considered to easy before and this is supposed to up the difficulty? Or maybe the intention is to keep people from hunting things above their CL? As a progen warrior I routinely hunt above my CL mostly b/c the xp is better and as a PW they have the capability but not when you can't choose your battles. I understand if I engage a mob and there's others of the same type near by (nearby meaning in visual range) but if I go out of my way to attack a straggler, nothing else visible for at least 10k, then get mobbed by 5 of his friends to me that's a little silly.

I asked about this in game and a guilie told me she thought it was a bug but I've also seen people talking about it in chat and someone had said this was actually a change that got added in a patch. So I just want to know which it is, intentional and I'll have to learn to live with it or a bug that I can at least hold out hope will be fixed/tweaked at some point? :)
  • Upvote 2