CTD after login

Hey all,

After the login screen, I am CTDing right when I enter my username and password. The hand print animation doesn't even go off.

I have been playing for the last couple of weeks and it was even working fine earlier today.

I have already tried opening Net7 with admin rights and have reinstalled my Net7. Running out of ideas and I am still crashing.

Pls help. Thx!

i am having the same issue getting into the game...i type my username & password and it just crashes...doesnt even fingerprint me.

i tried proto reorder and packet optimization and a various other cominations like before but no clue why it doesnt wanna let me in....maybe tien wants to keep me out of game...lol...why not add this

- January Content Update by Tienbau @ February 12, 2011, 1:18 am -

UmaXX not allowed to enter beyond megans screen - fixed

I know this may be a moot question, and i know you two have been playing before but this has come up on several forum threads were people were able to play before and now cant.

Do you run Vista or Win7?

If so go into your EnB folder and then to \Earth & Beyond\release and right click Client.exe.

Set The Client.exe to run in XP. (Most likly the option will be XP SP2)

Do the same for Net7proxy.exe in your \Net7 folder.

The reason for this is at least its know that Win7 has a upgrade to SP1 that conflicts with EnB.

Dont know about Vista.

In no way is this guaranteed to work mind you, I have gathered this from other forum topics and seems to be the main issue in conflicts.

I know this may be a moot question, and i know you two have been playing before but this has come up on several forum threads were people were able to play before and now cant.

If so go into your EnB folder and then to \Earth & Beyond\release and right click Client.exe.

The reason for this is at least its know that Win7 has a upgrade to SP1 that conflicts with EnB.

Dont know about Vista.

In no way is this guaranteed to work mind you, I have gathered this from other forum topics and seems to be the main issue in conflicts.

I was about to ask the same thing. There's a link to the FAQ in my sig; make sure you try the stuff there.

Dont know about Vista.

I am running Win 7 and your solution worked perfectly. I set both files to XP SP3 and not only did it work but it is running more stable than before.

Thx for the help!

believe it or not...it worked maniac...i wasnt able to login for 3 days and the solution to my problem was something i completely overlooked...but i have a suggestion for tien or any other dev on this job...

before the patch i was fine and my connection was as stable as anybody elses...after the patch i am having to re-tweak the files to run in xp compatibility mode (i run this game on vista mind'ya) for me to be able to get on the server. cant somebody work on it and make it a bit more user friendly for guys like me? atleast a line on the launcher would have helped me a lot...

just my two cents

UmaXX

Lols, there's an FAQ at the top of the tech support forum that has all this information in it...

Anyway, the next versions of the installer and launcher we're working on will remove the need to do this manually.