Befriend skill

hey

i've been told that befriend skill is bugged.

in live i could befriend any kind of mob with lvl9 befriend, including bogerils and scuttlebugs in alpha centauri and tengus in cooper, which i think were resistant to psionic.

i remember quite well doing it in raids, including in the fishbowl, where it was very useful (also like Menace) to make mobs friendly to everyone - and thats because it worked with clvl50s and 60s+ and it didnt took more than 3 tries to make mobs friendly (for about 1minute?)

a TT without Befriend is like a PS without Menace, a sad character.

got the medic skills, but no combat skills...

anyways, whats the status of it now?

Edited by LPCA

Befriend was only maginally useful in live. Yes I had it maxed because as a TT in a raid, the second you cast a heal on someone you also had instant mob agro and befriend was a lifesaver when it worked.

So far from what I have seen the chance rolls are set too low, and if mob agro was working as it did in live, I'd be dead all the time. When it does land, the mob doesn't turn green, he just gets the effect around him. So there is work to be done yet.