Possible Issue with dual monitors and/or widescreen.

Hello! I just found this whole project and I'm so happy to see it's well under way!

I have one widescreen monitor and one full screen (1920x1080 and 1280x1024 max resolution respectively.) I use the widescreen as my main display and the other as an aux for windows and whatnot and the problem I'm having seems to be this:

When I run setup (either the E&B or Net-7 version), it shows two display adapters(The same card, but one with the correct properties for each monitor.) However, it always defaults to the main display, while using the settings for the secondary display no matter how I do it and I believe I've tried all the options in the setup screens. It won't even set the correct aspect for windowed mode.

I don't know if widescreen resolutions are supported with E&B, but does anyone have any tips on how I can get it to at least follow the settings for my main display?

Some other relevant info...

I'm using the monitors as two separate displays, not one large one.

Attached is my current DxDiag info.

-EDIT-

Now it's attached.

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Itimar Talamasca

Thought about trying Windowed Mode? See if that remedies it? Basically the game code is written in a time dual monitors were not the normal. So the way the graphics API takes over usage of screen resolution it cant differentiate between 2 separate resolutions that you are running. But I think if you run it in Windowed Mode you may at least keep your resolution on the desktop for your regular monitor and use the widescreen resolution for the other (just will have the windowed borded) Actually doesnt cause as bad issues when alt-tabbing and other things (especially during gating if I alt-tab I have to Force end the game and restart...

Just some ideas. Your mileage may very.

Thought about trying Windowed Mode? See if that remedies it? Basically the game code is written in a time dual monitors were not the normal. So the way the graphics API takes over usage of screen resolution it cant differentiate between 2 separate resolutions that you are running. But I think if you run it in Windowed Mode you may at least keep your resolution on the desktop for your regular monitor and use the widescreen resolution for the other (just will have the windowed borded) Actually doesnt cause as bad issues when alt-tabbing and other things (especially during gating if I alt-tab I have to Force end the game and restart...

Just some ideas. Your mileage may very.

Thanks for the thought, but it follows the same rules in windowed mode as well. I can't get it to set to the widescreen rez in the first place, even though it's the main display.