no links work to download the patch

• 2 weeks later...

well they did work but now none of the links you posted work

What do you mean? I know most if not all of them still work. You might need to log in to follow the links...

What do you mean? I know most if not all of them still work. You might need to log in to follow the links...

Just a note i get a lot of people who just can't find the links so why is there not a big button on the main page saying 'download files" or some such

the next page can have logon with the disclaimer you need to have an account on the site to use this feature or some such

after that the 7 links show up

i'd also like a formal or informal way (or bot/auto) to have these links checked at least 1x a week

lastly as a gm i'm getting lots and lots of newbies who have not played game before (most of the old enb'ers at least know about us or been on i think)

they always comment it is the "worst beta" they've ever play'd being non prorammer types they have now idea what stress test means

so in my view call the dang thing alpha already most newbies at least know what alpha and beta mean as a gm its getting to be a pain defending a good stress test from a bad beta test happens a lot

anyway my 2c worth

searing

Just a note i get a lot of people who just can't find the links so why is there not a big button on the main page saying 'download files" or some such

the next page can have logon with the disclaimer you need to have an account on the site to use this feature or some such

after that the 7 links show up

i'd also like a formal or informal way (or bot/auto) to have these links checked at least 1x a week

lastly as a gm i'm getting lots and lots of newbies who have not played game before (most of the old enb'ers at least know about us or been on i think)

they always comment it is the "worst beta" they've ever play'd being non prorammer types they have now idea what stress test means

so in my view call the dang thing alpha already most newbies at least know what alpha and beta mean as a gm its getting to be a pain defending a good stress test from a bad beta test happens a lot

anyway my 2c worth

searing

Oy, sorry if this comes off rough, I'm just really frustrated right now by the recent server failure. I actually just shuffled all the forums around and put a big old link at the top of the forums for newbies to the download/installation guide, which I will also be replacing as soon as possible, and it was all wiped away in the crash. I need to do it all over again *rage*, but I haven't had time yet; maybe tomorrow if campus is closed.

The link bot can be done, but I'll need a little while, I'm deep in the middle of school right now (Thermodynamics + Matrices + Differential Equations + Analog Circuit Design = Headaches).

We're trying not to call it an alpha until we're actually in an alpha stage. We're trying like hell to get there in a few months, but development only moves so fast.

Oy, sorry if this comes off rough, I'm just really frustrated right now by the recent server failure. I actually just shuffled all the forums around and put a big old link at the top of the forums for newbies to the download/installation guide, which I will also be replacing as soon as possible, and it was all wiped away in the crash. I need to do it all over again *rage*, but I haven't had time yet; maybe tomorrow if campus is closed.

The link bot can be done, but I'll need a little while, I'm deep in the middle of school right now (Thermodynamics + Matrices + Differential Equations + Analog Circuit Design = Headaches).

We're trying not to call it an alpha until we're actually in an alpha stage. We're trying like hell to get there in a few months, but development only moves so fast.

i understand it is just the uninformed out there...... maybe call it pre-alpha next release or something make a big deal out of the "hopefully" going to alpha in 3 months hopefully something like that..just need to get the newbies off this kick where they get in the game it plays better then most emul or other alpha games and the server is way stable mostly so i'm getting newbies and frustration from them in "the game plays so well they just assume it is at least alpha actually any time this issue has come up they really assume it is full beta and st4 is some kinda stress test number along that process......all this is prob because of the 'other' games stuff out there that call themselves alpha and in the true server sense are not ...thus we look better because the others jump the gone in calling themselves alpha or beta or ver 1.0 (sto comes to mind) when 5yrs ago the coding community would have laughed at them doing so

as for the button did not know either that was in the works

also just another thougtht prob a dumb one but i'd like to see a link on the launcher to joining teamspeak a button that walks people thru it i know it is hokey..but if there was a button on launcher saying "add teamspeak" or some such and if nothing else a dialog box came up saying Team speak allows chat in game follow the link ...well the newbies would prob flow there a lot of them have no idea what TS is and assume it is for devs

just part of the process i guess we are gonna get a lot more people that are newbies on the site (it has be what 9 years since EnB went up right?) that get on the site maybe whine a bit about having to make an account download from the links and expect to be in the game in like 20 min to decide if they want to wipe what they just installed or keep it and play it ..i know that is my kinda process for checking stuff out

anyway my 2c worth (all harshness removed just venting)

Searing

i understand it is just the uninformed out there...... maybe call it pre-alpha next release or something make a big deal out of the "hopefully" going to alpha in 3 months hopefully something like that..just need to get the newbies off this kick where they get in the game it plays better then most emul or other alpha games and the server is way stable mostly so i'm getting newbies and frustration from them in "the game plays so well they just assume it is at least alpha actually any time this issue has come up they really assume it is full beta and st4 is some kinda stress test number along that process......all this is prob because of the 'other' games stuff out there that call themselves alpha and in the true server sense are not ...thus we look better because the others jump the gone in calling themselves alpha or beta or ver 1.0 (sto comes to mind) when 5yrs ago the coding community would have laughed at them doing so

as for the button did not know either that was in the works

also just another thougtht prob a dumb one but i'd like to see a link on the launcher to joining teamspeak a button that walks people thru it i know it is hokey..but if there was a button on launcher saying "add teamspeak" or some such and if nothing else a dialog box came up saying Team speak allows chat in game follow the link ...well the newbies would prob flow there a lot of them have no idea what TS is and assume it is for devs

just part of the process i guess we are gonna get a lot more people that are newbies on the site (it has be what 9 years since EnB went up right?) that get on the site maybe whine a bit about having to make an account download from the links and expect to be in the game in like 20 min to decide if they want to wipe what they just installed or keep it and play it ..i know that is my kinda process for checking stuff out

anyway my 2c worth (all harshness removed just venting)

Searing

Understood. You make a good point about how we compare with other games like STO, which was barely a beta when it was released. Between Tienbau, David, Kyp, Slayerman, and myself, we're putting in a lot of work to make the game easier to find, download, install, and play. Hopefully in a few months we will be able to provide the computer-illiterate-proof, one-click experience many new players are looking for (I don't blame them for doing so).

I will do my best to make the Teamspeak a more prominent part of the process. It disappoints me when I see an empty TS where a thriving community once communicated. This is why I put that Teamspeak viewer banner on the side of the forum index a while ago.

I appreciate your input.

Understood. You make a good point about how we compare with other games like STO, which was barely a beta when it was released. Between Tienbau, David, Kyp, Slayerman, and myself, we're putting in a lot of work to make the game easier to find, download, install, and play. Hopefully in a few months we will be able to provide the computer-illiterate-proof, one-click experience many new players are looking for (I don't blame them for doing so).

I will do my best to make the Teamspeak a more prominent part of the process. It disappoints me when I see an empty TS where a thriving community once communicated. This is why I put that Teamspeak viewer banner on the side of the forum index a while ago.

I appreciate your input.

I think your all doing a great job. i found this about the time to do the instal you still had to be able to rewrite files on your machine manually. so i just waited till it was down to the client install...client update then the net7 program and a net7 update. then run net7 and do all it's updates. what we have now is even better than that. not sure how it could get much better short of combining it all into one install program but wouldn't that violate some kind of copyright law covering the original client.

Keep up the good work.