TT Confusion

th_enb_scrn_tt.jpg

I've whittled Louden's missions down to the two repeatables and I can't seem to get him to give me anything else. Growing very ill of repeating these quests, even if they are good experience. I am using missiles now, at least. I'm on step four of a very long mission chain that I think is the same one I read about (on here) persisting through the game.

I'm confused on what I am supposed to be doing next, where I should go and who I should talk to. At least, with my JE, the trainer sent me to my next mission-giver at the end of the training session. Having skimmed through the forums, maybe I missed something obvious - and I'll give another read-through in the hopes of just that - but does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

th_enb_scrn_tt.jpg

I've whittled Louden's missions down to the two repeatables and I can't seem to get him to give me anything else.  Growing very ill of repeating these quests, even if they are good experience.  I am using missiles now, at least.  I'm on step four of a very long mission chain that I think is the same one I read about (on here) persisting through the game.

I'm confused on what I am supposed to be doing next, where I should go and who I should talk to.  At least, with my JE, the trainer sent me to my next mission-giver at the end of the training session.  Having skimmed through the forums, maybe I missed something obvious - and I'll give another read-through in the hopes of just that - but does anyone have any advice?  Thanks.

For build components you must have build devices first. If you look in the skill descriptions and see there are more than one at your level ready then try all if there is one you can't get. Build devices should also available for y;) already. ;)

greets

Hexergirl

For build components you must have build devices first. If you look in the skill descriptions and see there are more than one at your level ready then try all if there is one you can't get. Build devices should also available for you already.

I think that when an unlearned skill tells you what level you need to be and who you need to learn it from, it should ALSO tell you if there's any skills you HAVE to learn first. Couldn't take much more than an hour to get that done for all skills for all classes, and would prevent the same question being asked every time someone starts a TT.

Not to be rude, but how about a bit just look and try? :)

It's a game, have fun to try out things. You really want every step to be answered for you, even not asked yet?

Do this then do that........that's not a game that's real life. ;)

Is it really so hard to come by if you have 3 skills available and the first one won't start, it could be that the other two maybe will

be obtainable? Especially if i think about devices, they need components........so could be first comps, then devices.

But to get the comps out of a device i analyze / dissemble it......so might be devices first, then comps.

And no need to build comps to build a device. If i buy devices i don't need both of them.

And that a skill tells you where to learn and at what level, are just needed informations.

I know if you are new to a game, you can feel a bit lost that's normal. But then i go out and try this and that, and if nothing

helps i ask in chat.

But for me, i want all doing by my self, just if i have no options anymore, i ask in chat. B)

But if we ever get the tutorials working, then there will be a bit more infos available at the beginning.

greets

Hexergirl

I think that when an unlearned skill tells you what level you need to be and who you need to learn it from, it should ALSO tell you if there's any skills you HAVE to learn first. Couldn't take much more than an hour to get that done for all skills for all classes, and would prevent the same question being asked every time someone starts a TT.

While I agree in spirit, I don't agree with it being in the skill tab's text. The information should come from the NPC when you go to interact with them. If the NPC notices you don't have build XYZ, then they should tell you so and send you off in the right direction. This gives mission developers flexibility and the ability to make branching content based on your character's situation, and enrich the experience.

Having it "hard-coded" into the skill text makes it dead content, and really in some ways becomes a spoiler.

• Upvote 1

Not to be rude, but how about a bit just look and try? :)

It's a game, have fun to try out things. You really want every step to be answered for you, even not asked yet?

Do this then do that........that's not a game that's real life. ;)

Is it really so hard to come by if you have 3 skills available and the first one won't start, it could be that the other two maybe will

be obtainable? Especially if i think about devices, they need components........so could be first comps, then devices.

But to get the comps out of a device i analyze / dissemble it......so might be devices first, then comps.

And no need to build comps to build a device. If i buy devices i don't need both of them.

And that a skill tells you where to learn and at what level, are just needed informations.

I know if you are new to a game, you can feel a bit lost that's normal. But then i go out and try this and that, and if nothing

helps i ask in chat.

But for me, i want all doing by my self, just if i have no options anymore, i ask in chat. B)

But if we ever get the tutorials working, then there will be a bit more infos available at the beginning.

greets

Hexergirl

To me it's not about whether or not it's difficult to figure out you should try one of the other available skills first or not, it's about the fact that the same question gets asked in new player chat pretty much every day. And this is not the only skill or class that produces a similar oft-repeated question.

While I agree in spirit, I don't agree with it being in the skill tab's text. The information should come from the NPC when you go to interact with them. If the NPC notices you don't have build XYZ, then they should tell you so and send you off in the right direction. This gives mission developers flexibility and the ability to make branching content based on your character's situation, and enrich the experience.

Having it "hard-coded" into the skill text makes it dead content, and really in some ways becomes a spoiler.

I hadn't thought of putting it in the NPC dialog. I like that idea better, too.