Is there a workaround for blocked ISP's?

Klyde

Hi guys,

Since the start of ST4, I have never gotten an email from the emu, no activation email (thanks Slayerman for doing it manually) and no email when submitting a ticket thru the help system. Fortunately, I have only had a couple of tickets filed so far and both were handled. (I may have a current ticket on "Minerklyde" but don't know as no email, so can't check status)

I was wondering if there was a workaround for ISP's that may block your mail? My current ISP is sbcglobal.net, I get all kinds of mail delivered to inbox and spam folders (I always check mail online). Other than making a hotmail, gmail or other account, is there a way around this?

Thanks

Klyde

I don't know about with SBC, but with comcast and Att there is an option to turn off spam protection etc (the "protections" default to on)...

also my virus scanner if I turn on web filtering then it will block advertisements and "known" malicious web sites, apparently youtube is one of them *grin* so I turn that feature off alot

If the mail isn't showing up in your spam box (so you can recover and mark it as safe) the other typical way is to add the sender's address to your contacts list and see if that helps.

I don't know the sender for registration emails, but for support tickets it's:

support at net-7 dot org

Squish that together into a valid email address and that may do it for you.