Stuck need help with the game client.

Hi there people, First off:

Thanks for all the hardwork on this emulator. I hear you all are doing a great job. So congrats on all what you could accomplish with this emulator.

( And for the guys that are also interrested in The Matrix Online that got shutdown, they are working on a emulator to run the game aswel. For any interrest: Take the Redpill and have a look, you cannot really do much yet like in this emulator, but you can chat and walk arround mega city and teleport pretty much everywhere you like. So check it out and or if you want to help out, they will tell you all about reading 'packedges' and stuff like that for the emu to contribute on the MxO Emu)

Question:

i am having a problem with the Game Client from E&B (eandb_demo.exe). After downloading and i click on the .exe so it can install itself the following thing happends, it says:

"Before installing the Earth & Beyond demo,you need to retrieve your free product key from file planet.."

"..If you are not connected to the internet, please do so now. Once connected, click "OK" below and a webpage will open to display your product key"

So after clicking on the demo exe file and it wants to connect to fileplanet to get the product key and a webpage pops up to do so, it cant get the product key: Because fileplanet no longer gives out product keys for the demo. And the installation from this E&B Demo stops there. And that was the end for trying to install it.

Is there a way to get arround that?

I have download all the other stuff ( Net7launcher, Patchupdate E&B, Character creation setup) but, cant really do much with that if i cant install the game client itself really. But maybe i am doing something wrong?

Thanks for reading

Edited by Çycles
  • Upvote 1

I responded to this question in the Client download thread. Also, thanks for the MxO link, I've been looking for an MxO emulator for a while.

No problem, your welcome :)

( I have responded back o your post )

Problem solved! ;)

Edited by Çycles

you cannot really do much yet like in this emulator, but you can chat and walk arround

Just like I remember this emu being like some years ago. Had one area and risked ctd if you ventured too far from the spawn area. Just fly around and chat... that's fly w/o warp:D)

Been following MxO emu since live cancellation. Given some time, it'll shape up nicely imo.