Version 303 login issues

I have changed nothing on my computer other than the update. As soon as update was done i try login, get to main login screen in game, and after entering password, game pauses a moment then blanks me back to desktop. Tried resetting the updates and it let me log in. I logged out, and it is repeating the same issue as before.

This is all the proxy screen reads when crash to desktop:

Net7Proxy version 1.98

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

16/11/10 20:44:30 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

16/11/10 20:44:30 Sending login.

16/11/10 20:44:31 login OK

Nothing else happens.

Help?

----- Update: I upgraded client on my netbook and it works fine. I dunno what the heck is goin on.... I haven't changed anything on my main computer.

Edited by Morsus

I have changed nothing on my computer other than the update. As soon as update was done i try login, get to main login screen in game, and after entering password, game pauses a moment then blanks me back to desktop. Tried resetting the updates and it let me log in. I logged out, and it is repeating the same issue as before.

This is all the proxy screen reads when crash to desktop:

Net7Proxy version 1.98

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

16/11/10 20:44:30 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

16/11/10 20:44:30 Sending login.

16/11/10 20:44:31 login OK

Nothing else happens.

Help?

----- Update: I upgraded client on my netbook and it works fine. I dunno what the heck is goin on.... I haven't changed anything on my main computer.

looks like your client won't launch. First thing to check is that the launcher is pointing to the right place. Check the client is actually still there.

If not, something is preventing your computer from starting the client ... check your admin rights and so on. If it's still not working, check the tech support FAQ - I found running windows checkdisk and restarting the computer works wonders for these situations.

<headscratch> Tried everything i could think of, and ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Presto! Back on. </headscratch>

Next time you see it happen record anything you can, then log out of Windows and back in, I assume you're on vista or seven. It's been seen there before, presumably something with the User Account Control, but precisely what we haven't yet tracked down.

yes I've had nightmares with my vista laptop and E&B. My current install has E&B under c:\apps\Earth and Beyond\... Also I have set Net7Proxy up to have admin rights (under the right click context window) and also LaunchNet7 is launched as at admin level.

When E&B started going CTD after Megan login after a patch I tried a suggestion from the forum to use checkdisk, which by some arcane magic solved the remaining problems. With this setup I've not had any further problems since, in several months.

It's a bit of a pain, but you can just cut&paste the directory from c:\program files to c:\apps, and then point the launcher at the new location of client.exe.