Login not recognized in-game

This is probably an easy question to answer, but I'm so new to this that I'm not sure if I've already seen the answer to this problem.

I registered this morning, managed to get Net7 updating and connecting properly, but when the game starts, I enter my username and password,

and I'm told it's not recognized.

So is there a step I've missed, are the servers taking a crap right now, or should I be patient and wait for some update?

Thanks in advance!

This is probably an easy question to answer, but I'm so new to this that I'm not sure if I've already seen the answer to this problem.

I registered this morning, managed to get Net7 updating and connecting properly, but when the game starts, I enter my username and password,

and I'm told it's not recognized.

So is there a step I've missed, are the servers taking a crap right now, or should I be patient and wait for some update?

Thanks in advance!

Did you register for the *game* as well as the forum? That's frequently the source of the problem as you've described it. Game registration is found by clicking on the "Earth and Beyond Emulator" link on the top right of this webpage where you will find a "Register" button - that *should* send you an email that you will need to acknowledge/confirm to complete your registration (I say should as some have reported not receiving their emails).

If you've done all this and it's not the source of your issue then I'm out of ideas. :D

No dice, was already registered and can login to that particular site, got the confirmation email earlier. Guess there's something server-side, then. I'll have to just try periodically, then. Thanks for the response, though.

Are you connecting to play.net7.org? If you're connecting to ptr.net-7.org or dev.net-7.org your login will not work. What is the username you're trying to use to log in?

• 5 weeks later...