Client will not run in Windowed Mode

I have been trying to sort this out and having a dig around with very little success.

Everything runs fine normally but I have been unable to get the client to launch in windowed mode no matter what I have tried. When running, I am running the Net7Launcher as administrator and I have tried setting compatibility mode to both XP SP3 and SP2. I am unable to run the normal EnBConfig as it reports an error of a dll being missing (mss32.dll).

I am however able to run the Net7 Configuration tool and this produces the following results.ini successfully running the client test in a window.

[info]

FreeTextureRam=-1361051648

Device=ATI Radeon HD 4870

Width=1280

Height=1024

BitDepth=32

Windowed=yes

PeakPolyRate=19562

[Results]

TextureReduction=2

FillRateFPS=666

PolyBudget=30000

LandPolyBudget=28000

LandLOD=7

StarBudget=2000

However, the client does not appear to pick up any changes and still resorts to full screen.

I've run out of ideas, I can get it to test in windowed and can even get the Character Creator to run windowed by using the "-w" switch but to no avail with the main client. Anyone got any ideas???

I have been trying to sort this out and having a dig around with very little success.

Everything runs fine normally but I have been unable to get the client to launch in windowed mode no matter what I have tried. When running, I am running the Net7Launcher as administrator and I have tried setting compatibility mode to both XP SP3 and SP2. I am unable to run the normal EnBConfig as it reports an error of a dll being missing (mss32.dll).

I am however able to run the Net7 Configuration tool and this produces the following results.ini successfully running the client test in a window.

However, the client does not appear to pick up any changes and still resorts to full screen.

I've run out of ideas, I can get it to test in windowed and can even get the Character Creator to run windowed by using the "-w" switch but to no avail with the main client. Anyone got any ideas???

Think you need to run EBConfig as Admin.

Tuk

EnBConfig won't run at all even with administrator privileges.

Two things to check for in terms of the dlls. 1) You have .NET 2.0 or better installed. 2) You have VisualC++ Redistributable 2008 installed.

Both are Microsoft products and are required to successfully run the game and emulator.

After that, the previous individual is correct you should run EBConfig in the game's directory/ebconfig as an administrator if you're on Windows Vista or Windows 7 as it writes your new settings to the registry and you can't do this as a standard admin on a system with User Account Control, you must elevate. The purpose of User account Control is to run your admin user as a "partial admin" so that any changes to system files, program files, user data files, or registry files require full administration privileges and teh system must then notify you to ask if it's ok. (the annoying dim screen and Yes/no box). If you run without admin, User Account Control will prevent the changes and not say a word. (This sounds like what you're experiencing.)

If your account is not the computer admin or authorized to be the admin you can right click or shift right click the shortcut for ebconfig and there should be an option for "Run As Administrator" there. If you're still receiving errors after that, let us know what they say when you attempt to launch ebconfig.

Hope that helps.

Your installation of EnB must have gone screwy. That file (mss32.dll) should be installed with the rest of the game. Here's my copy:

MSS32.zip

Just download it and drop it into the "EBCONFIG" folder and you should be good to go. If you find the file actually does already exist in the EBCONFIG folder, there's probably something wrong with how the working directory is being set when E&BConfig starts up. Are you running it directly from the EBCONFIG folder, or are you using a shortcut?

MSS32.zip

Finally figured it out! Thanks for the assist guys, it would appear that for some reason my enbconfig.exe was in a folder called enbconfig.exe in the enbconfig directory, thus not being in the correct relative path to run things!! I have no idea how this happened but after moving the executable and renaming the folder everything is fine!!