EnB Growth

r8rsfans75

I have noticed our numbers have been rising lately which is good to see. Every so often I had been checking out the "other" project's forums to see whats going on over there to see if they have any ideas that might work over here (I think CDel does the same thing), and have noticed that their project is pretty much dead. Doesn't sound like the server has been on in about a month, 2 of their primary developers had left for RL issues and the main guy (ex-dev from this project iirc), seems to have disappeared without a word.

That brings me to a question that I hope I won't get flamed for. Since this project is a variation of open source what are the possibilities of re-opening the source code to the public again? A while ago, this project used to provide DB dumps and such and part of the reason for stopping this practice was people who disagreed with this project would take the information and splinter off into their own public server. As it has been shown, this is a practice in futility as I believe the net-7 team is probably going to remain the only project able to sustain itself over a long period of time.

Another reason I ask this question is one of the ideas the other project had was anyone who had any type of programming experience could mess around with their own version of the code and if they came up with an improvement/bug fix/enhancement, they could post their code in the forum and the dev team could try it out to see if it was something they would like to implement. I have some C/C++ experience and have offered my assistance in the past (which is another topic for discussion, there should be an easier way for someone to apply to become part of the development team), this would be an easier way for someone who can't commit to being a full-fledged dev team member to contribute to the project.

Sorry for getting long-winded, I am done now.

yes we have had some discussions on this very subject - let me get back to you on this. Just let me say once it's back we'll post instructions on how to get it all working but it's unlikely we'll have time to support any problems with getting local servers working. However the community support is very good in this respect, and once 2 or 3 people get theirs working they may be able to help out.

The last thing we want though is for the play server to suddenly become deserted because everyone's on their own private servers; but I think you guys won't let that happen anyway ;) E&B's always been about the team play, or if you do play solo - finding that secret ore field out in the middle of nowhere that no-one else knows about.

yes we have had some discussions on this very subject - let me get back to you on this. Just let me say once it's back we'll post instructions on how to get it all working but it's unlikely we'll have time to support any problems with getting local servers working. However the community support is very good in this respect, and once 2 or 3 people get theirs working they may be able to help out.

The last thing we want though is for the play server to suddenly become deserted because everyone's on their own private servers; but I think you guys won't let that happen anyway ;) E&B's always been about the team play, or if you do play solo - finding that secret ore field out in the middle of nowhere that no-one else knows about.

BAH!!! All bout the KS!

Especially them silly jenpies!

:P