Win7 Bitlocker

ok not an enb subject... well not really... but here we go... over the past few days I started to get a popup when I rebooted and just every once in awhile to back up an encrpytion key for bit locker... I have had Win7 Pro installed for at least 8 months now and never saw this...

so anyway... I start doing all kinds a research on this... and the best I can come up with is it looks like my pc thinks that 2 things are worthy of bitlocker... it listed my user name for my pc... and the local.net7.org certificate...

well too close... I just told bitlocker to keep reminding me upon bootup and then I got seaky on its butt and went into windows services and disabled bitlocker :huh:

anyway... anyone know anything about bitlocker or have used it... I know its some kind of full volume drive encryption... but is it necessary...

Its completely useless to an average user. The only reason you'd need BitLocker encryption is if you're worried about someone taking your computer and stealing your information. It's designed for business computers with sensitive and/or financial information, especially laptops, which are easily stolen.

• Upvote 1