Net-7 Update Timing Out

I am having trouble patching through the Net-7 Launcher. The first patch (54) seemed to update just fine, then after that, I get an error saying that the patching process times out:

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.8.1.0

Time: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:30:29 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url)

at LaunchNet7.Updateing.Updater.CheckForUpdates()

Can't get past it. I have firewall off. I've run it in administrator mode. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Can't get past it. I have firewall off. I've run it in administrator mode. Nothing.

Any suggestions?

i see this all the time... just a general statement... please dont turn off your firewall and or virus protection everytime something goes wrong and you cant connect to something... no matter what you are trying to do on your computer... it HAS TO WORK with your firewall and virus protection on or it doesnt work...

i see this all the time... just a general statement... please dont turn off your firewall and or virus protection everytime something goes wrong and you cant connect to something... no matter what you are trying to do on your computer... it HAS TO WORK with your firewall and virus protection on or it doesnt work...

This is true; although turning off your firewall is helpful for diagnostic purposes, you shouldn't leave it off if it doesn't help the problem, and if it does, it just needs to be reconfigured.

I'm having this problem as well. The Net7 patcher times out. This leaves me at version 1.8.1.0 and it says I need Version 1.92 to be able to play. I am running in Administrator mode. I have tried running it with the firewall turned off and have added the Net7 program to the exceptions list for my firewall when it is on. What happens when I start the 'LaunchNet7.exe' program is that it starts checking for updates to Net7, the loading bar at the bottom goes across and then I get the timeout message. I've tried running this several times in the past two days and still get the same results.

Edited by Saaxton

I reset my computer. Didn't work. The little page that comes up with the loader that has all the news (content) updates doesn't even display. Says "Web Page Cannot Be Found." It's like the connection isn't being made. I don't know.

Ok....Just had same problem but I've run into this before. You have to disable your Firewall both Windows and your Virus protection. Once you do that you can update just fine. Just remember to re-enable your firewall once it updates. I'm still working on how to get by this , but it will at least let you play this way

Ok....Just had same problem but I've run into this before. You have to disable your Firewall both Windows and your Virus protection. Once you do that you can update just fine. Just remember to re-enable your firewall once it updates. I'm still working on how to get by this , but it will at least let you play this way

Already tried that. It didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Already tried that. It didn't work.

What I needed to do was turn off virus and web protection, then open the Net-7 launcher... let it show the timeout error, then close it and open it again quickly... Do this several times if necessary. Turn your protection back on once you get it to update the net7.

I think its a timing config setting in the early launcher that conficts with some web protection software like Avast, etc.. A solution might be to have a link to the latest launcher... or just do the above.

Hope that helps...