Net 7 time out while checking for updates

I haven't been on the server for a couple of weeks... Last night, when i started up the launcher it updated a couple of files (which i was expecting after the long break) but then it said it couldn't logon because the net 7 version was too old (or words to that effect)... So i deleted net 7 and tried again from scratch, with the latest version of net 7, and now it will update a few client files, but says it 'timed out while checking for updates for net 7'

I've reloaded net 7 about three times now... even tried disabling virus protection (even though this was never an issue before) and even tried "force update" which appears to do absolutely nothing..

I have run out of ideas.... I thought perhaps the server was down, or the service for net 7 updates was having issues. Anyone know what is going on here? Is the ENB universe pissed at me because it took two weeks off??

Here is a snip of some error log entries... The first was the original, which gave the 'version too old' error before i reinstalled the net7 launcher.

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.9.8.1

Time: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 06:58:54 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url)

at LaunchNet7.Updateing.Updater.CheckForUpdates()

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.8.1.0

Time: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:45:59 GMT

System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds)

at LaunchNet7.LauncherUtility.DownloadString(String url)

at LaunchNet7.Updateing.Updater.CheckForUpdates()

LaunchNet7 - Exception

Version: 1.8.1.0

Time: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:48:37 GMT

System.ApplicationException: Could not launch Net7 Server. Details: The system cannot find the file specified ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.LaunchNet7Server()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.LaunchNet7Server()

at LaunchNet7.Launcher.Launch()

at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoLaunch(LaunchSetting setting)

Posting to let you know, You might have to wait for C Del, Slayer does this also some not 100% sure.

David might be able to help, not sure. Just letting you know, you might just have to wait a little till help strolls around. : ) So you don't get frustrated. Course they also have to look and see if they can find anything before posting to help. Unless it's a issue that has happened before.

(Note, Some of the Dev(s) can help, but not 100% which ones outside of C Del, due to him being one of the main Tech Support people)

Posting to let you know, You might have to wait for C Del, Slayer does this also some not 100% sure.

David might be able to help, not sure. Just letting you know, you might just have to wait a little till help strolls around. : ) So you don't get frustrated. Course they also have to look and see if they can find anything before posting to help. Unless it's a issue that has happened before.

(Note, Some of the Dev(s) can help, but not 100% which ones outside of C Del, due to him being one of the main Tech Support people)

K, thanks for the heads up.. ;)

I am pretty sure that the EnB universe is pissed at you for taking a break... I am still pondering your dilemma... but in the meantime I would strongly suggest that you do not turn off any virus protection and that you do not turn off your windows firewall... enb needs to work with these things on... so turning them off really doesnt help the situation... you could turn off a 3rd party firewall so long as you leave the windows fw on...

you might wanna run through these steps

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions/

those are the never played enb before instructions... so skip the ones you can and try the rest? in the meantime

ps also a few screenshots never hurt ;)

Edited by Avani

Guest cappy

Thanks for the reply...

Someone appears to have done something as of 6pm pac, because it is now finding the net-7 updates, and i just logged in to the char scene....

Thnx to whoever fixed it.. ;)