PW quest dialogue options from Kerr confusing at OL135

Quest confusion.

"A Warriors Promotion"

and

"1,000,000 credits for a hull upgrade or do a mission (Version 1.4)"

Obviously, the second is the Dev modified hull upgrade mission in the EMU.

Does the first quest, A Warriors Promotion, have ANYTHING to do with the hull upgrade chain?

Is it a lowbie kind of quest or tie in to the HU touched by Devs at some point and need to be completed?

If I don't do Warriors Promotion, can I still get a Brimstone Ballista later on?

I played a TT casually, never a Progen, and I don't even remember how to play a TT.

I find these dialogue choices containing the words Promotion and upgrade or do a mission confusing.

I like "choosing my own adventure," but having done every quest leading up to OL135, I'd rather not screw my characters development up because of poor wording.

I'm going to choose NEITHER until the reason for these two missions is more clear.

Rest assured

Currently, the level 135 is : "1,000,000 credits for a hull upgrade or do a mission (Version 1.4)"

Take the mission and it will come clear,

- Choose pay or

- Choose a mission to do

Just be aware that this is a 'place holder' mission for the hull upgrade. It doesn't currently unlock anything else. The ballista is based off the HU 100. The level 135 will be the last HU mission to be overhalled because It will rely on high level content in the game, and rely on players own knowledge instead of being directed where to go.

--------------

I've checked the missions

- Mine tend to end with (Version). This means when bugs are reported, if you include the version then I can check against the current (Version) which may have fixed the bug reported.

"A warriors promotion" is the First Hull Upgrade that you should be able to take. Were you granted a GM fix early on? If you did this one then you will avoid the other one, but you should have completed this one in your starting area. I'm going to suggest something to the mission tool developer that will prevent this problem.

Level 135 mission should currently be:

"1,000,000 credits for a hull upgrade or do a mission (Version 1.4)"

----------

Oh and there are no 'DEV modified missions' on the server. That's because the game does not come with missions. Every mission you see has been added by the developers here! All missions are 'DEV created missions'. In fact all sectors are 'DEV created sectors'. The client is a compressed package of images, video and audio that when it is sent a message replies with something.

Awesome, thank you much for the clarification.

I was granted a GM fix for one of my HU missions, I believe my HU50, which might have caused problems for my future ones (and I was appropriately warned).

I was able to complete it without any issues, except I was granted a Terran HU10 upgrade mission envolving a Reactor Leak that I can't remove from Tomalak, the name of my PW. Being an HU it can't be forfeited.

Thanks for closing the loop on the mystery behind having two HU choices in my original query.