? About the Server

not sure where i need to ask this so i thought this might be the place for this since it dose have to do with tech. support and information needed

was wanting to know how big the server is, reason for asking is that if theses servers are not rerally that big

then i have a few computers to use as severs for the the game EnB

thought maybe i can help out in that area.

since i have a few computers just sitting around not being use for anything

if someone can let me know if this can be done or something else thanks.

I suppose if you have a few multi-thousand-dollar servers laying around we'll take 'em off your hands. :lol:

Thanks you for your kind gesture, but I think we're pretty set on servers at the moment, although that's not really my department so I can't be sure. I hate to see hardware go to waste though; what kind of machines are they?

unless there's a sudden increase in player numbers I doubt we'd need a new server anytime soon. With a few server and source code optimisation tweaks the current server should get us up to 1000 players. Even at the current highest loading (just over 300 players) the server hardware is barely ticking over, it maybe will get up to 10% loading.

But thankyou for offering anyway - it's just the sub-optimal memory usage that is the current barrier, some of the sub-systems need to be re-written as they are wasteful in memory usage and fragment memory to a high degree.

If the emu ever takes off in a big way we may have to split up the galaxies and have half the sectors running on another server. We're still a long way off that though.