Game won't Launch after password

Same Problem

Snapshot:

Set client to compatibility mode for Win XP SP2

Video drivers up-to-date

Game seems to start fine unless the PC is turned off or goes to sleep.

I have the latest updates for the client and NET7

removing the client-version.txt file and allowing the client to be refreshed works every time.

Since NET7 does not get refreshed, it must be on the client side.

I have tried comparing the different files that get replaced or modified during the update (looking by date-time modified)

Seems like the files in the data\client\output directory, files in the data\mixfiles directory and the files in the release and Data\common directories are modified.

If you need me to go further, let me know. Glad to help.

I am having a similar issue, but I can load into the game, get the guild MOTD, then no more chat, and its like I have lost the network connection. I cant select any targets and when thrusting forward, the ship moves but the engine doesn't light up. The client isn't crashing tho. I have tried resetting updates, running Net7 as admin, and running the client in windows XP mode. I have Win 7 64 bit and the it was working fine last night.

Update: Looks like the problem is happening with 1 specific character. Seems to be working OK on a different one.

Edited by Maykiel

I've tried everything! Everything that was said on this thread from running in compatibility as windows xp sp2 (i'm running windows 7 64-bit), deleting the verion texts, running as admin, changing the graphics. But everytime after i select a character, it goes to the loading screen and completely crashes. every time. I've even restarted the computer and everything. But nothing worked.. grr...

Same Problem

Snapshot:

Set client to compatibility mode for Win XP SP2

Video drivers up-to-date

Game seems to start fine unless the PC is turned off or goes to sleep.

I have the latest updates for the client and NET7

removing the client-version.txt file and allowing the client to be refreshed works every time.

Since NET7 does not get refreshed, it must be on the client side.

Thanks for the info. For your convenience, you can do this more easily through the launcher by going to the "Launcher" menu in the upper left corner of LaunchNet7, clicking "Reset Updates", and clicking "OK" in the dialog box that comes up to check for updates.

Update: Looks like the problem is happening with 1 specific character. Seems to be working OK on a different one.

What is the character's name? We can try moving it to another sector or station and see if that helps.

I've tried everything! Everything that was said on this thread from running in compatibility as windows xp sp2 (i'm running windows 7 64-bit), deleting the verion texts, running as admin, changing the graphics. But everytime after i select a character, it goes to the loading screen and completely crashes. every time. I've even restarted the computer and everything. But nothing worked.. grr...

You may be experiencing some unusual circumstances that are causing this problem. If you'd like, I'd be happy to help you over Teamspeak, as it would be much easier to solve a complex problem like this in real time.

You may be experiencing some unusual circumstances that are causing this problem. If you'd like, I'd be happy to help you over Teamspeak, as it would be much easier to solve a complex problem like this in real time.

Sure, that'd be great!

hey there !

Got the same problem after some updates but fixed it by turning game client to compatibility for win 200. Always worked for me since i got this prob about 2-3 time.

Hope this will help !

Cya dudes,

Fulgore.

hey there !

Got the same problem after some updates but fixed it by turning game client to compatibility for win 200. Always worked for me since i got this prob about 2-3 time.

Hope this will help !

Cya dudes,

Fulgore.

Good point. Often, for some reason we have yet to figure out, it seems that changing the compatibility mode backwards from Windows XP helps. I think it might be more about the changing in modes than the actual mode you change it to, so pretty much anything before XP is acceptable.

Thanks for the tip. :)