can not launch

I have not played i think since saturday, today I started up net 7 and thier was an update. Since then I have not been able to play. Game shuts down right after agreeing to TOS with out any warnings or notices. I have not changed anything on my system so not sure what is causing the problem. running windows xp sp 3. older system with 1 gig of ram. no firewalls or antivirus.

where is what i see

http://yfrog.us/9eenb1z

Edited by onocep

I tryed to run the game today, but this time i used the debug feature in net 7. I hope i got the right txt file, but here it is.

Edited by C Del
Removed exception dump. (Not necessary)

Make sure you have .NET Framework installed, also do a search on the forums for VC++ runtimes.

These usually sort out these kinds of errors.

Also if you are on Windows XP or newer, make sure you are running as a user with Administrator right.

I installed .NET Framework and VC++ runtimes plus uninstalled net 7 and reinstalled and I still have the exact same issue. Not geared towards this type of computer work so I do not know if I am doing everything correctly.

Yes I am running xp with admin rights.

I do know until this weekend I have ran the game with no issues that I couldnt resolve really on my own, and this one diffinately has me stumped.

Edited by onocep

Try using earth and beyond configurator program

Start > all programs > EA GAMES > Earth and beyond Configuration

Check windowed mode

Do performance test if you want.

Click ok

From your video, it seems like the client does not start or is minimized some how.

Just my thoughts.. good luck

Try using earth and beyond configurator program

Start > all programs > EA GAMES > Earth and beyond Configuration

Check windowed mode

Do performance test if you want.

Click ok

From your video, it seems like the client does not start or is minimized some how.

Just my thoughts.. good luck

Tryed the configuration and same results as in video. Performance test will not run, probably due to this computer being very old and doesn't have much in the video graphics department (Diamond S60 32mb ddr Radeon 7000 PCI).

Wish I knew what to do, been over a week now since I have been able to play.

After having time to uninstall and reinstalling and doing all the updates I finally got to see an error in debugging. This error appeared on the final update right after install of the update and before doing anything else such as opening any windows.

ee the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

LaunchNet7

I hope this helps someone to help me figure out how to get the game to run. I did try to run the game, only to have the same results as in video.

Going on two weeks and still not able to play. Got to thinking that when in installed .net framework that maybe it didnt work. So after some digging I found a website that checked to to see what .net framework i had.

http://www.hanselman.com/smallestdotnet/

"Seem you're totally up to date! You've got a full install of .NET 4.0 on your machine. Looks like you also have .NET version 3.5 SP1. You should make sure your system is setup to get updates from Windows Update automatically. This will make sure your system is up to date with the lastest stuff, including the latest .NET Framework."

and at the bottom of the page i found:

"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; (R1 1.6); .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; [xSP_2:c467806fb847d639b1a51ca2fbbb0183_208]; 88680903)"

Have you tried to force updates today?

Just got done trying the force update, and still same response.

Game/windows close right after this:

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/6812/test56.jpg

Here is some other information about my system:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8240/test1hm.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3857/test3c.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9831/test34.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8484/test5p.jpg

Reading back you said that the performance test on the configurator wouldn't run... If this is the case, then the game won't run either. You however said that you had it running on this same machine at one point, so that leads me to believe there's something wrong with your graphics drivers. I had a similar problem until I refreshed my DirectX and graphics drivers. Prior to this, running dxdiag would indicate that Direct3D was not enabled, after the fresh, dxdiag would be fine and the performance test would work.

Perhaps you could give this a try? If you can't get the performance test to run, then it's most definitely a graphics related problem.

I have finished upgrading directx and graphics drivers, still same response. I have downloaded so many differient utilities to help me try and figure out the problem that my "once" empty desktop is now about 3/4 full. I think I am done trying to figure this out, i am no means a computer expert and feel if i keep messing around with stuff that I halve hazardly understand that I will probably end up crashing my whole system and not get it back up. So if I don't get back on, I wish my guild Equinox and my friends that I have met over that last few months best wishes. And, thanks to all of you that tryed to help.

Going to give this one more shot and see if I can resolve this, missing getting to play.

Monday evening I will be on Teamspeak, and if someone would care to look at my system via the Remote Desktop Connection I would be happy for someone to take a look at my system and files for E & B.

I will be on Teamspeak around 7 p.m. Eastern or if someone posts here when they are available. I work tonight, but will be off 6 am eastern Monday morning for the next two days.

Thanks