Combat Experience

So right now.

Trade>Explore>Combat

In how you can level which faster. Post 15+ usually.

Trade is always constant and good, increases as you level due to speed. Some slight exp on decline, but not enough to match speed increase + cargo hold.

Explore constant through levels usually requires a little bit more required course same as trade, but shows more then trade usually that you need more, increases with reactor + speed though can be dangerous for good exp fields. Give a nice trade help too.

Combat, pretty much the slowest of the 2 in aspects if you factor in MINERs and using the group system, though you lose on trade. Not sure on tours, but tours are RNG. Combat does give trade decent at lower, trasher at higher, even farming constant bio loot still pretty low EXP gain between the two to match others.

Advantages.

Trade:Fast exp, some cash.

Explore: Not as fast, decent cash helps upper community with building comps for things.

Combat: Learning for end game/skills/gets items + money. Leveling is seriously crippled here.

There can be things added there, go ahead and mention then I'd add(probably).

Basic Rules of the thread:

1.Flaming to minimum.

2. No Get It to Live or Make it like Live stuff. Why? Growing community + wanting the game to grow. Things should be able to be tweaked to give a benefit to community, or allow more challenging play and such. Plus this is a Discussion not a begging thread/suggestion thread to what to do.

3. Opinions are opinions. May not be your view, but don't go for the throat.

Discussion:

As you noticed it says combat experience.

Due to the fact I want to discuss is Warriors( Mainly JDs and PWs )

Due to lack of Negotiate, they can do trade runs not as effective, but they are warrior classes and should fight anyway. (Not as I said mainly JDs/PWs due to fact TEs get it)

Their explore is tours, somewhat of their role. They fight and they protect they destroy to others to thrive.

Fighting: What they should do best killing stuff with flashy beams, quick missiles, or barrage of shiny balls/objects.

Combat gives items which are needed in game, but can effectively be farmed at any level, and the higher the faster you can farm it, also usually gives most income.

Now said warriors get a extra slot or two. To increase power of killing, but is it as effective as TL bar, not really usually not even close besides lower levels, but after a while it starts to really drag in comparison.

Example:

10 minutes of TR about 5-7% for a Warrior at 40ish. 50k-66k Profit.

10 minutes of combat. Maybe 1-4% depends on weapons. 2k-2mill Proft (RNG) plus Ammo cost besides JDs.

In my opinion combat is very gimped overall at experience, yea items + money. Though at 150 it's a joke even with vendor weapons to earn up very quickly and such. Already a community that has items for to build so usually don't need to farm them to get built. Ammo is relatively easy to get: samples/buy from vendor.

SO now for the main thing. Warriors should they get a small adjustment on Combat? Since they do fight, oh they do get which makes thing faster to a point, but their reactor + shield plays important on this since to fire the extra weapon it takes reactor + waiting for shield to recharge. Unless kiting etc.

How would you feel on a small bonus for warriors on killing things to balance their experience to others and how they do their 'roles' and adjusting others (such a larger increase of money from trade runs for traders to help with $ to balance more)

Disclaimer: 99.9% Sure none of this will ever be implemented or adjusted due to previous discussions and posts on this. So don't go over serious. If you're not going to discuss or you post non-issue things. I'll ask someone to remove your posts. Thank you for reading this. :)

I want this thread to give a thread to talk about, that everyone does later or all the time in game. Mainly focuses on leveling to 50. At 50 values can always be changed due to the fact a lot of end is combat anyway.

Edit: Love developer's opinions + discussion on this to, how they feel on the matter.

Edited by Heirku

Ive tried a TW in emulator, and I don't think it's that hard to get Combat XP. Especially since Terrans in general can kill things over their CL by kiting with missiles. Played both a JE and JW in Live (and emu) and don't think they're that hard to level up in Combat, work on TL and EL first, so your shields and skills are ahead of your CL. IMO of the 3 types of XP, Explore is the most of a pain to get, at least for non-miners. (esp if you don't feel like doing tours) On my JT the easiest way to level up both EL and CL was to do trade runs, and use spillover. For my TW, it's fairly easy to do combat, and same with my TE (Scout). Haven't tried playing as a PW, either in Live or Emulator, but PE (live) and PT (emu) aren't that tough to do combat with or level up combat. Pretty much any toon with a combat component, can level up combat XP by fighting, faster than any of the explorers can level up EL by mining. Trade runs for toons with Negotiate however is probably faster than both Explore and Combat.

Probably helps, at least for the Warriors that they can kill mobs fairly quickly, and that the PW and TW can usually solo over their level. Killing something the same CL as you netted 1000 Combat XP per kill (Live). The only thing I can think of that does more is Fenris to Somerled if you have a toon that can Negotiate (Neg 5 gives 2K per item FPO-Somerled direction). Mining doesn't rack XP like that for Explore, but if you trade your ores to another player, then have them trade them back, then refine them, then sell them, you can make some pretty good Trade XP, from mining.

Ive tried a TW in emulator, and I don't think it's that hard to get Combat XP. Especially since Terrans in general can kill things over their CL by kiting with missiles. Played both a JE and JW in Live (and emu) and don't think they're that hard to level up in Combat, work on TL and EL first, so your shields and skills are ahead of your CL. IMO of the 3 types of XP, Explore is the most of a pain to get, at least for non-miners. (esp if you don't feel like doing tours) On my JT the easiest way to level up both EL and CL was to do trade runs, and use spillover. For my TW, it's fairly easy to do combat, and same with my TE (Scout). Haven't tried playing as a PW, either in Live or Emulator, but PE (live) and PT (emu) aren't that tough to do combat with or level up combat. Pretty much any toon with a combat component, can level up combat XP by fighting, faster than any of the explorers can level up EL by mining. Trade runs for toons with Negotiate however is probably faster than both Explore and Combat.

Probably helps, at least for the Warriors that they can kill mobs fairly quickly, and that the PW and TW can usually solo over their level. Killing something the same CL as you netted 1000 Combat XP per kill (Live). The only thing I can think of that does more is Fenris to Somerled if you have a toon that can Negotiate (Neg 5 gives 2K per item FPO-Somerled direction). Mining doesn't rack XP like that for Explore, but if you trade your ores to another player, then have them trade them back, then refine them, then sell them, you can make some pretty good Trade XP, from mining.

Haven't found combat hard. Just Tedious, due to having to find a good spot with respawns + stackable loot, smaller loot table and close to Base. Due to having to do ammo runs. We kill faster but run out of ammo faster. :( Trade Runs are just more % Faster overall which is sad. Explore is faster then combat imo, usually with right spots and equips. Especially Terran Explorers.

I just find experience is a little lacking overall being a warriors main job to blow stuff up. Compared to ratios over other classes roles, but yea never found experience hard on anything.

To put to a easier point.

Doing combat to 150. Would take maybe 3-4 weeks. 8 hour to 12 play time. Maybe less.

150 on a miner, about 1-2weeks.

150 on a Warrior with no Neg. TRs about week or 2.

150 with Neg 5. About a week 8 hours a day up to 12.

Course I can't do 8-12 anymore due to tennis besides weekends. It was stupid on my TW. I was like 50 logged on 2 days for runs then was 115ish.