Login failed - server not found

introduction:

im talking about my girlfriend´s pc, i can access it through remote desktop because she lives far away.

she just installed the game and updates etc, means it has never worked before.

problem:

after hitting the "play" button in the net7launcher, the CMD window pops up and aborts with "login failed - server not found", although the update of the net7launcher worked without any problems and the JPanel left to "check" shows "online".

plz take a look at the picture attached

hardware details:

WinXP sp3 (latest updates installed -> auto update on), .net3.5, no firewall installed, windows firewall off

EnB installed, EnB patched, net7launcher installed and updated till "search for updates" didnt bring up any new results.

used the "reset updates" function for about 3 times now and reinstalled all available updates later, still same problem.

i also re-patched the EnB files (didnt bring any message like "game already patched" or whatever) and reinstalled .net3.5

im out of options here:D(

if anyone knows something i can try out, plz let me know

PS:

i noticed the message "error occured while checking for updates" at her net7launcher window (see attached pic), which disappears after using "check for updates".

ive installed the game on 4 different pcs now and this message didnt show up on them(and the server connect works as well, but at my gf´s pc it just won´t wo:D :().

loginproblem.JPG

post-7067-12713470363059_thumb.jpg

Edited by Genesisss

Try changing the "Local IP" box to every other setting, if others are availible, and try to connect with each setting. If that fails, check her router and disable its firewall.

Also, what kind of network is she on? (i.e. standard home DSL/Cable network, business/college network, etc.)