Having trouble with Windows Embedded

Ooh new forum heh... anyway

I've installed Earth and Beyond Demo on to my Netbook, which is currently running the RC of Windows Embedded Standard 2011. Which is basically Windows 7 Ultimate minus a lot of features such as the Games and many of the IIS tools and General guff such as the Search Indexer.

I've installed .Net framework 4 on it, which includes 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, nevertheless the Net 7 Launcher starts (v1.9.8) and it shows the server is online with so many players.

It updated Earth and Beyond and so on, and it was good to go. But when I press Play, or any other button for that fact, nothing happens, nothing in the Help menu works neither except the "Advance Settings" option. The Launcher menu works, and I can change from Multiplayer to Multiplayer (Custom), but the critical functionality of the launcher does not appear to be working.

If I launch the net7proxy.exe file, using the /ADDRESS:(Server IP) parameter, It picks up it logs on with the proxy, then it launches earth and beyond, but EnB once loaded brings up the message about it ending on September 24th 2004, asking If I have an EA Account, and eventually to the INV-300 Error message.

I have tried everything from Running everything in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility mode, to Reinstalling all the components required for EnB to run.

I'm wondering is it possible that .Net framework is not installing properly, in turn causing the Net 7 tools to not perform correctly?

The launcher might be hanging on the step before net7proxy is launched where the registry is patched, etc. Try launching net7proxy with the /LC switch too, which may alleviate the INV-300 error.

Your .NET framework should be fine, but I assume you're running the launcher as an administrator or have disabled UAC? (assuming that's in windows embedded)

Ooh new forum heh... anyway

I've installed Earth and Beyond Demo on to my Netbook, which is currently running the RC of Windows Embedded Standard 2011. Which is basically Windows 7 Ultimate minus a lot of features such as the Games and many of the IIS tools and General guff such as the Search Indexer.

I've installed .Net framework 4 on it, which includes 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5, nevertheless the Net 7 Launcher starts (v1.9.8) and it shows the server is online with so many players.

It updated Earth and Beyond and so on, and it was good to go. But when I press Play, or any other button for that fact, nothing happens, nothing in the Help menu works neither except the "Advance Settings" option. The Launcher menu works, and I can change from Multiplayer to Multiplayer (Custom), but the critical functionality of the launcher does not appear to be working.

If I launch the net7proxy.exe file, using the /ADDRESS:(Server IP) parameter, It picks up it logs on with the proxy, then it launches earth and beyond, but EnB once loaded brings up the message about it ending on September 24th 2004, asking If I have an EA Account, and eventually to the INV-300 Error message.

I have tried everything from Running everything in Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility mode, to Reinstalling all the components required for EnB to run.

I'm wondering is it possible that .Net framework is not installing properly, in turn causing the Net 7 tools to not perform correctly?

try this attaachment.

rename it to .reg and double-click it.

its the ENB registry entry, after that ENB is registered.

that may help you.

EnBreg.txt

EnBreg.txt

@Hexergirl - Thanks the Reg File fixed the problem concerning the notification of EnB's shutdown :)

@C Del - I just tried the /LC switch on the Net7proxy executable.

The game loaded as per usual, but it game up with the error on the logon screen "Connection To The Global Server Failed."

Here is what the proxy window shown when this happened.

Net7Proxy version 1.76

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

14/04/10 06:15:37 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

14/04/10 06:15:37 Sending login.

14/04/10 06:15:38 login OK

14/04/10 06:15:39 Starting E&B...

14/04/10 06:15:45 Launch E&B successful

14/04/10 06:15:47 Connecting to Authentication Server on 127.0.0.1:443

SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file failed

I tried again with the Net7Launcher running as Administrator, It actually behaved an ran the Proxy from it that time... I think this may be due to Hexergirl's reg patch, as on my Main PC it comes us with the error, cannot check registry values. (my main pc running windows 7 pro 64-bit.) Even though I ran through the launcher, It gave me the INV-300 error, but it didn't show me the "Connection To The Global Server Failed." error.

I'll try disabling UAC for now, see if that makes a difference.

Edit 1

--------

Still getting INV-300 error using the Launcher with UAC Disabled ;)

Edited by Killie

Ok... try using the Local Cert checkbox with the launcher and make sure nothing is blocking you from connecting to the server like a firewall.

Wooh, just updated from 271 to 272, ran it as you said, Custom with Local certificates.

It's just gone straight to the Character Selection!

Just gonna go to my TE "Rikernan" see if the game performs as it should with no CTD's etc :):P

Edit 1

-------

It was a bit unstable at first, It crashed to desktop on the first try of getting into "Sunrise"

Second time I tried it went straight in.

Thanks for the Help C Del & ofcourse Hexergirl for fixing the EA guff ;)

Edited by Killie