Running 2 instances of the game

Does anyone know if it is possible or legal (under the rules of playing on the net-7 server) to run 2 instances of the game at once? I did some brief searching around on google and couldn't really come up with anything.

My understanding is that as long as you have two seperate accounts, you may play each at the same time. What is not permitted is to play more than one character on the same account at the same time.

Technically, I see people using Virtual Machine (VM) or similar application to create two instances. If you got the horsepower, it's not a bad way to go.

My understanding is that as long as you have two separate accounts, you may play each at the same time. What is not permitted is to play more than one character on the same account at the same time.

Precisely. Additionally, no more than three accounts per person, and thereby no more than three avatars logged in at once.

No.. and if there is, i would think it would give you mountains of issues anyway, EnB doesn't like being sent to the back even with a VM setup too much.

EnB doesn't really have a problem with it. Back in Live I ran two accounts on one box - and not a very robust box at that - and it was fine. The Net-7 wrapper needed for the Emulator is the issue now and definitely will NOT allow two accounts on one box if not running a VM.

I've been following the VM posts with interest as my work laptop (WinXP) is about to be replaced and I've requested a VMWare base so I can run Windows (XP still, Win 7 rollout coming later this year) and Linux at the same time. I'll still only be running a single instance of EnB on it but will have the added 'fun' of making it work under VMware. :)