Ore Field Clear Bonuses are Gewd

Ok after reviewing alot of people's posts and replys to the many different ore whine/rant/cry/concern threads... i thought i'd post a positive one.

Im not sure we are all playing the same game. I know alot of people are concerned with mobs in ore fields. There are plenty of ore fields of all levels that have no protection in them.

If your a miner, im guessing lvl 50-100 this should would be be your equipment setup:

(my miner is lvl 83 el36)(not enuf skillpoints to bump devices to 6)

draco 6 / sculptor 5 / power of the elements 5 / antila 5

With this setup, i can either take my time (let my reactor recharge on its own) or i can shunt it with my antila. (instant full reactor at the expence of some shield energy) (have lvl 3 shield equiped cuz i never mine where theres anything to attack me, plus with shunting i have 0 shields the whole time im mining)

With my setup i can pull 6 units of raw lvl 9 ores from a rock in 1 pull. than i can "antila" myself and have a full reactor to make another pull. Theres almsot no stop in the mining time.

With this setup i make a wild roaming spree to the different ore fields. my je is only cl 20, has 1 lvl 2 beam equiped atm :P (never have to shoot anything)

There are a ton of ore fields that do not have guardians, and there are a few fields that only have 1 or 2 guardians.

Most of the "HIDDEN" lvl 8 and 9 ore fields dont have anything guarding them.

I am a fan of the clear bonus as it dosent take long to mine all the rocks in any field. I space any ore thats not lvl 9. Everytime i return to base after a mining trip, i have anywhere between 60-120 raw lvl 9 ores. On top of the xp for mining the 9s and below, i get the clear bonuses on the fields.

(Spacing your ore loses some trade xp, it not "wise" to do if your mining for trade xp, i dont care about trade xp, so thats a non-issue to me)

With a 30 minute respawn time, it is easy to hit the same pure lvl 9 fields twice in one mining trip.

With my setup + a laz i can clear a field in under 10mins, than warp/wh to the next field and start clearing that one.

Im sorry this setup only works for a JE, for PS & TS you'll need a matyrs heart (TS), and for PS (you'll need the reactor that shunts to reactor)

This also works for people who want to relax and mine. just need two or 3 of these fields to slowly chew on.

The key to this is exploring off the beaten path for the hidden astriod fields. Im going to guess and say i know where about 50 of these 7-9 hidden ore fields are, and i find new ones almsot every other day.

If anyone remembers before sunset when they introduced all the new ore fields, msot designated by an "astriod xt-23434" nav, most of those navs are still in the game, and have ore by them. 95% dont have ore guardians.

If you do not know what i am talking about, check out Glenn. Free warp from the gate to carp to the gate to sol (saturn). You'll find a TON of lvl 5-7 with some lvl 8&9 ore scattered here and there. Glenn has no ore guardians in it, except for the ocassinal job mob. (easy to avoid)

Those astriods are the ones you want to look for in other systems. With the ammount of ore fields in game with no guardians, no one should ever have to mine in a field with mobs unwillining. Theres plenty of places to mine where you wont get harassed by mobs.

The ammount of xp you get from clearing a lvl 8&9 field is around 20k+the 5k or whatever clearing bonus. Thats not bad for 10 minutes. In an hour and a half i can hit multiple systems and multiple fields, and return to the fields i cleared earlyer and clear those again.

If you have any questions besides asking where the fields are, i'll be happy to try and help you.

Thanks,

Cia

The area behind Planet Zweihander was just about empty the last time I looked at it. Freya has quite a few of those added asteroids but none have anything by them. Jupiter used to have some decent mining spots but those are missing as well. Arduinne has tons of empty space and extra navs along the left of the map and totally empty. Planet Arduinne though was not the hulk wasteland it is now and was a very good place to mine gases at 5-7. Mobs for the most part did not aggro and at one time you needed a pass to be there or get attacked by the Earth Corps guardian.

Now if you have 0 shields, how can you shunt that to your reactor and get it full again? That seems broken to me.

My scout has lvl 5 equipment and running a Dhambier reactor and can pull lvl 9 stuff just fine without needing to shunt.

Ok after reviewing alot of people's posts and replys to the many different ore whine/rant/cry/concern threads... i thought i'd post a positive one.

Im not sure we are all playing the same game. I know alot of people are concerned with mobs in ore fields. There are plenty of ore fields of all levels that have no protection in them.

If your a miner, guessing lvl 50-100 this should be your equipment setup:

(my miner is lvl 83 el36)(not enuf skillpoints to bump devices to 6)

draco 6 / sculptor 5 / power of the elements 5 / antila 5

With this setup, i can either take my time (let my reactor recharge on its own) or i can shunt it with my antila. (instant full reactor at the expence of some shield energy) (have lvl 3 shield equiped cuz i never mine where theres anything to attack me, plus with shunting i have 0 shields the whole time im mining)

With my setup i can pull 6 units of raw lvl 9 ores from a rock in 1 pull. than i can "antila" myself and have a full reactor to make another pull. Theres almsot no stop in the mining time.

With this setup i make a wild roaming spree to the different ore fields. my je is only cl 20, has 1 lvl 2 beam equiped atm :P (never have to shoot anything)

There are a ton of ore fields that do not have guardians, and there are a few fields that only have 1 or 2 guardians.

Most of the "HIDDEN" lvl 8 and 9 ore fields dont have anything guarding them.

I am a fan of the clear bonus as it dosent take long to mine all the rocks in any field. I space any ore thats not lvl 9. Everytime i return to base after a mining trip, i have anywhere between 60-120 raw lvl 9 ores. On top of the xp for mining the 9s and below, i get the clear bonuses on the fields.

With a 30 minute respawn time, it is easy to hit the same pure lvl 9 fields twice in one mining trip.

With my setup + a laz i can clear a field in under 10mins, than warp/wh to the next field and start clearing that one.

Im sorry this setup only works for a JE, for PS & TS you'll need a matyrs heart (TS), and for PS (you'll need the reactor that shunts to reactor)

This setup ALSO works if your a slow miner. And you want to relax and mine.

The key to this is exploring off the beaten path for the hidden astriod fields. Im going to guess and say i know where about 50 of these 7-9 hidden ore fields are, and i find new ones almsot every other day.

If anyone remembers before sunset when they introduced all the new ore fields, msot designated by an "astriod xt-23434" nav, most of those navs are still in the game, and have ore by them. 95% dont have ore guardians.

If you do not know what i am talking about, check out Glenn. Free warp from the gate to carp to the gate to sol (saturn). You'll find a TON of lvl 5-7 with some lvl 8&9 ore scattered here and there. Glenn has no ore guardians in it, except for the ocassinal job mob. (easy to avoid)

Those astriods are the ones you want to look for in other systems. With the ammount of ore fields in game with no guardians, no one should ever have to mine in a field with mobs unwillining. Theres plenty of places to mine where you wont get harassed by mobs.

The ammount of xp you get from clearing a lvl 8&9 field is around 20k+the 5k or whatever clearing bonus. Thats not bad for 10 minutes. In an hour and a half i can hit multiple systems, and return to the fields i cleared earlyer and clear those again.

If you have any questions besides asking where the fields are, i'll be happy to try and help you.

Thanks,

Cia

wow one setup that works conditionally for only one class woohoo... break out the happy dance :)

wow one setup that works conditionally for only one class woohoo... break out the happy dance :P

TS = progen reactor with shunt, sculptor/miner, power of the elements for you.

no mobs, no need for defences....

The area behind Planet Zweihander was just about empty the last time I looked at it. Freya has quite a few of those added asteroids but none have anything by them. Jupiter used to have some decent mining spots but those are missing as well. Arduinne has tons of empty space and extra navs along the left of the map and totally empty. Planet Arduinne though was not the hulk wasteland it is now and was a very good place to mine gases at 5-7. Mobs for the most part did not aggro and at one time you needed a pass to be there or get attacked by the Earth Corps guardian.

Now if you have 0 shields, how can you shunt that to your reactor and get it full again? That seems broken to me.

My scout has lvl 5 equipment and running a Dhambier reactor and can pull lvl 9 stuff just fine without needing to shunt.

'

mistergreen hit me up ingame, as you seem to be trying, i'll show you a palce where theres 3 lvl 7-9 fields, that overlap, no badies, and you can get 3 clear bonuses and a ton of ores :P

Hello, Oh gee's, where to start! You said you only keep lvl 9 ore and space the rest? One question is why? If you are telling others to do this then you need to stop posting in the forms as that is about the worst idea I have ever seen! Do you relize how many trade points you are throwning away? Alot of new players read these forms and to give someone the idea to "Space" all but lvl 9 ore is not good info for new players! Anyone who has played the game already knows how to setup their ship to mine.

Lars aka Merlin. Thor, Siren, Crystal, Jade, Topas, Zaadar & Zeena

• Downvote 4

Hello, Oh gee's, where to start! You said you only keep lvl 9 ore and space the rest? One question is why? If you are telling others to do this then you need to stop posting in the forms as that is about the worst idea I have ever seen! Do you relize how many trade points you are throwning away? Alot of new players read these forms and to give someone the idea to "Space" all but lvl 9 ore is not good info for new players! Anyone who has played the game already knows how to setup their ship to mine.

Lars aka Merlin. Thor, Siren, Crystal, Jade, Topas, Zaadar & Zeena

Lars,

I dont care how you mine, or anyone else for that matter. Thats personal opinion.

I just stated how i mine, and why i like the mining aspect of the game as it is.

Too many negative threads about why people cant enjoy mining. I ENJOY MINING.

And i do an awesome job at it.

Thank you drive thru,

Cia

I was out and about today, and i seen some more ore fields. I'll list a few here to help you guys get started:

(these are those astriod navs i spoke about in my OP)

Xipe Topec:

If you warp north West of the station, you will find 4 astriod navs with lvl 3-6 Rocks in abundance! Atleast 6 fields here. (clusters of rocks)

Also to the east of these is a one lvl higher field. 4-6 (big ring of rocks)

Glenn:

lvl 5-9 Rocks, to find these warp from Saturn Gate -> Gate to Slayton, and Gate to Carp -> Gate to Swooping Eagle.

Also if you warp north west from the station, you'll find a few more fields. (north east of the gate to saturn)

-So that right there pretty much sums it up for easy to enjoy fields to mine in, for all lvl explorers.

(there might be some job mobs floating around in glenn, but they are easy to avoid)

Hope this helps some of you out!

Cia

If you wanna add it to the OP, that is the warrior's heart series for PS and TS (level 6 and up)

And its entirely the transfer shunts, if you can stack acitivated recharge and shunt recharge (eg waterloo), its slower than if you have a transfer setup but still pretty decent speed.

Also might wanna add spoiler warnings for those who want to find fields on their own hehe

\

If you wanna add it to the OP, that is the warrior's heart series for PS and TS (level 6 and up)

And its entirely the transfer shunts, if you can stack acitivated recharge and shunt recharge (eg waterloo), its slower than if you have a transfer setup but still pretty decent speed.

Also might wanna add spoiler warnings for those who want to find fields on their own hehe

\

Thanks for the info.

As these 2 fields are well known (atleast i think they would be) i think its ok to let everyone know about them. Its the ones in the other systems that are going to be fun for them when they find them :)

Cia