Faction

Since Smuggler's Run is currently open due to problems with Faction, can it stay open not just until faction issues are fixed, but until Jobs are implemented as well. Since Jobs, if they work the way they did in Live, were also a means to positively adjust Faction with the Playable races, plus Glenn Commission and Net-7. Then when players have all the in-game tools to work on their standings with the various factions close those RD gates and whereever else you're required to have decent faction to enter.

That way when RD gates close, it will be possible through work to both keep your Player based factions acceptable, and work on your RD faction, as well any other factions the player thinks are important.

Since Smuggler's Run is currently open due to problems with Faction, can it stay open not just until faction issues are fixed, but until Jobs are implemented as well. Since Jobs, if they work the way they did in Live, were also a means to positively adjust Faction with the Playable races, plus Glenn Commission and Net-7. Then when players have all the in-game tools to work on their standings with the various factions close those RD gates and whereever else you're required to have decent faction to enter.

That way when RD gates close, it will be possible through work to both keep your Player based factions acceptable, and work on your RD faction, as well any other factions the player thinks are important.

I would have to be against this myself. I like having the option to make choices, which have an actual impact on the game. Factions should work that way. If you want one faction, you lose the other(s). Stuff like that gives the content meaning.

I would have to be against this myself. I like having the option to make choices, which have an actual impact on the game. Factions should work that way. If you want one faction, you lose the other(s). Stuff like that gives the content meaning.

I'm thinking of the option you had in live to do what IRL would be called "playing both sides against the middle". In live there were ways to improve your standing with factions, (the playable ones, GC, and N7) without having to destroy faction with other ones. Not everything that had positive faction consequences at one place, also had to have a negative one somewhere else.

Also you would still have the option to make a choice, and live with it. You aren't required to use jobs to bring up faction, if you don't choose to, but since people are going to likely use them, at least for EL, and in Live they did award positive faction, I really don't see a reason they shouldn't return. Taking out the trash for the Progen, is probably not something that should anger the Jenquai, unless the Progen were dumping said trash in Jenquai space without their permission or compensation. Same with ferrying diplomats, replacing old weather satellites, or other mundane things, that do not directly interfere with a specific faction's enemies.

Ultimately the RD gates, as well as other faction based gates, do close to those without apropriate faction, but it waits until players have all means of faction adjustment implemented.