Launching EnB Issues (Win7 32)

First let me start by saying a big, hearty hello to everyone here. Glad to see EnB is still kickin'.

Ok, the issue I am having is that the Net7 launcher runs, but, during the load up it says "Launch E&B Successful" but the client does not start.

It then says "MVAS Thread Running" and stays there.

I am running both .exes in WinXp compatibility mode and in Admin mode as well.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*EDIT: Now for some reason I am missing AuthLogin.dll. I have attempted to reinstall Net7 10 times (just to be sure) and it will not copy the file over.

EnB is installed to

D:\Earth and Beyond

I have Net7 installed to

D:\Earth and Beyond\Net7\

The launcher is pointing to the proper .exe. (D:\Earth and Beyond\e&b.exe)

As I said in my first post, AuthLogin.dll is now missing and no amount of reinstalls will fix the issue and, oddly, when I did have the file, the launcher did not launch the .exe even though it stated it had done so successfully.

Perhaps if someone could post the AuthLogin.dll for download, I can try that until I figure out what the heck is up with the file just vanishing on me. It would allow me to actually try and fix the first issue =/

The launcher should be pointing to "D:\Earth and Beyond\release\client.exe"; e&b.exe is EA/Westwood's old patcher/launcher. Net7Proxy is trying to launch the wrong file, so it thinks it's successfully launched EnB, which is why it says "Launch E&B Successful". Change that setting around and you should be good to go. If your AtuhLogin.dll is still missing after this, go to the "Launcher" menu (in the upper-left corner of LaunchNer7) and click "Reset Updates". When prompted, click "OK" to check for updates.

The launcher should be pointing to "D:\Earth and Beyond\release\client.exe"; e&b.exe is EA/Westwood's old patcher/launcher. Net7Proxy is trying to launch the wrong file, so it thinks it's successfully launched EnB, which is why it says "Launch E&B Successful". Change that setting around and you should be good to go. If your AtuhLogin.dll is still missing after this, go to the "Launcher" menu (in the upper-left corner of LaunchNer7) and click "Reset Updates". When prompted, click "OK" to check for updates.

Wasn't it the case that net7 also must be installed in c:\net7 because of a hardcoded path?

greets

Hexergirl

Thanks I will try that. *crosses fingers*

Here is hoping it works!

/facepalm self

*Update: Thanks for all the help. Got her working. Man I missed this game.

Wasn't it the case that net7 also must be installed in c:\net7 because of a hardcoded path?

greets

Hexergirl

I'm sure at one point that was so, but, at least for client-side installation, you can now put your Net7 files anywhere you like.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure at one point that was so, but, at least for client-side installation, you can now put your Net7 files anywhere you like.

I also remember that being a requirement when I installed for the first time. Glad to hear that has changed - one less problem a new installation can run into.

-resolved