Questions about EnBConfigPath and CharCreatorPath

I'm trying to modify my `user.config` so that the Tools menu items of LauncherNet7.exe work, and point to the versions I want them to.

Is there any documentation for the `user.config`?  Are these absolute or relative paths?  Are they paths + filenames or just paths?

<setting name="EnBConfigPath" serializeAs="String">
                <value>C:\EnB\EBCONFIG\net7config.exe</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="CharCreatorPath" serializeAs="String">
                <value>C:\EnB\CnSC\CnSC.exe</value>
            </setting>

Are these configuration values implemented and do they work?

Hi

It is unlikely that I am the right person for this, but just to confirm when you click say tools > enbconfig on the launcher, the config tool doesn't load for you?

I only ask the above because for me it loads fine, so long as the following conditions are met:

• E&bconfig.exe has compatibility options of WindowsXP SP2 with Admin privileges
  • LaunchNet7.exe is launched with Admin privileges

With the above conditions met, the tool loads as expected from the launcher.

I am not sure about the Character Creator tool as I do not use it, but I would guess that it should work if LaunchNet7.exe is loaded as Admin.

Sorry if this is not the help you were wanting for this query, but perhaps it may help the thought process more since you like the code stuff 🙂

-FlyingFireTruck

Thanks for the response, oakman/FlyingFireTruck.  The e&bconfig.exe loads just fine, but what I expected was to be able to change the value of EnBConfigPath in the user.config and make it point to another location, namely the net7config.exe tool which is a bit nicer.

The bigger issue was the CharCreatorPath setting because on Linux (for me) launching that from LaunchNet7.exe never works because the "Character and Starship Creator.exe" is hard-coded to 800x600 and tries to set some video mode that my monitor doesn't support.  It attempts to go "full screen 800x600" and just blacks out my screen and the monitor ultimately turns off because it doesn't support the mode.  I can work around this by launching it separately from wine and setting /desktop=CSC,800x600 which forces it into a window and everything works fine.  So for example if I could customize CharCreatorPath and that worked I could redirect it to a script which does the above.

Edited by Codemonkeyx