Malware notice

Doing my weeking system scan I had a malware notice pop up for an item called Gemini in my enb folder. I'm not at the computer that I play from, but I will check the log as soon as I can and post more details.

Trend shows the malware in the net7config.exe. The scan report has been noting it for weeks, but this was the first notice my security program has left me a note for it.

Hmm, that is odd. I'll have to ask around. Maybe due to the nature of how the proxy works, it set off a false positive?

Proxy sends data from the client to the server, back from the server to the client. I guess it could look like malware. ;)

- Marco

update (or pay for) your virus protection... if I am reading this correctly... gemini is the name of the virus (maleware I think more than virus?) and it has infected all the .exe and .dll files in the folder that has the net7 file in it... it's all downhill from there...

imo this is prob an isolated problem on your computer... I know mcafee can cure it... cant speak for other programs... not likely that you dl'd this from N7 update imo

Hmm, that is odd. I'll have to ask around. Maybe due to the nature of how the proxy works, it set off a false positive?

Proxy sends data from the client to the server, back from the server to the client. I guess it could look like malware. :)

- Marco

It could be something like that, it seems pretty benign, but I'll check permissions again.

I run Trend Micro (paid for, current, etc.) and have no report of this - so I would agree that it's something isolated to this user's computer and not a general EnB issue.

Same here with Trend Micro, and I get daily updates. But I did a better web search and found out what I need to look into, and how to whitelist the program.

I'm pretty sure you prob didnt do this... but you know you can override your virus scan, firewall etc... another thing to keep in mind is other people that might sneak on your pc from time to time... in any event, please keep us posted... would like to know what the final outcome was...