What Is The Impact Of "increased Ship Mass" ?

Hi

I was wondering about this - thought I'd ask ... when a device has the effect of "increased ship mass", what does that do exactly?  Does it slow my ship down?  ... affect the energy use of warping? ... I don't really know.  I have experimented with my Lvl 3 & 4 Roadrunner devices (same speed increase, but one increases ship mass and the other does not) .. I could not discern any difference.

Thank you!  :)

- Amy

And your turn rate....

It does in EnBEmu to your ship what would happen in RL to you if you put on 10% more weight. You take longer to get up to your jog rate to work off the extra flab. It makes it harder for you to manuver around your house and work space.

Mass isn't a real huge thing for a big lumbering terran that don't have to face their enemies, but for a jenny to cloak and sneak up on a mob and shoot a beam of painful light up the mobs butt, nimbleness is a real plus. For a progen..meh depends on what you are doing.

That help?

Oh and another thing....in live they were in the process of adding a new stat and effect and a resist, it was like a dodge stat, you were going to get a resist roll on outmanuvering missles etc. Your mass rate was to be a modifier on that stat, I don't think they actually got that implimented live, but the stat slot is still on your ship equipment pane.

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1