Trade Ribs For Teeth..?

G-Man

I'm spit balling here, so take that into account. What seems to be the major problem is 2 fold.

#1: some missles use the same "modifier" drop to turn  their ammo to a certain damage type that a projectile does. This makes that drop get eat up and be more desirable just like teeth, were used far more rapidly than ribs were, even though ribs dropped approx. the same as teeth, the teeth were used disproportionatly faster as PL burn ammo faster.

#2: other missles  damage types don't use the same "modifier" nor have to compete for it as the projectile users do. This is driving a scarcity problem.

So what to do? The logical solutions are 2 fold as well.

#1: de-pair the usage of that drop so the projectile and missle users don't dry up each others supply.

#2: increase the drop of that item by at least 2x so there is plenty to go around between them and no fighting over that drop.

OR, how about a totally crazy other idea..say solution #3?

Remove the actual item having to be used to make the flavor of ammo type damage. Make the flavor be like other damage types do and have a L1 part that modifies the dmg type output. Then whoever wants one flavor over another don't have to hoard or drive others nuts by drying up their needs, all can just take a trip to their friendly neighborhood L1 parts vendor to modify the type.

"What to do with the drops then, won't they then be worthless?" you ask. Well...make them be changeable to the part L1 type in a 1 drop=1 stack  L1 parts ratio. So say a cobalt bile is used in a terminal, it converts to a stack of L1 k3 plasma pack/slug (or whatever the L1 part would be for the "new" dmg modifier).

"Now why would they trade a bile for a measly stack of L1 ammo parts?" I hear you ask. Got that covered. Make it not be a L1 stack of ammo parts. Other ammo use higher parts to achieve the damage flavor, oguns come to mind as others. Oguns use 3 parts (2x L3 parts and  1x L4) per stack. Other recipes use higher parts than the L1 part to make the ammo type, the part is usually higher level than the ammo is, like some of the RD ammo uses L2 parts in L1 ammo and L4 parts in L3 ammo etc. So make the bile for stack of parts a higher level of parts than say L1, make the higher level of parts be a slightly more favorable exchange rate than what they got in credits for vendoring the bile.

This would make the bile still be desirable, you wouldn't have to go to the level of vendor to get the parts, just the nearest terminal to exchange it over, you would get out in worth a bit more that way then if you vendor it. But those that needed a damage type wouldn't have to beg, borrow or mortgage something to get it, they just needed the forethought and effort to go to the right vendor or mine the right ores for their favorite ammo parts maker to get what they needed as well.

All happy and no knife fights :)

Edited by Mattsacre

Here's an idea. I've already said we're going to look at the long term solution (the pragmatic one) and see what can be done.

Until we have an analysis (which Evermore and I are working on) and implement some tweaks, further discussion is moot. Why ? Because we're focused on what we're doing.

So unless you want a reply like this "Matt : terminals don't do item exchanges" or "GHB : Do you really want to have to rely on an explore class to refine your ammo comps?" between times when I'm working, sleeping or trying to get some progress made when we're both available, please be patient until we finish the work that we've started. And I don't have a target date :-P

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Here's an idea. I've already said we're going to look at the long term solution (the pragmatic one) and see what can be done.

Until we have an analysis (which Evermore and I are working on) and implement some tweaks, further discussion is moot. Why ? Because we're focused on what we're doing.

So unless you want a reply like this "Matt : terminals don't do item exchanges" or "GHB : Do you really want to have to rely on an explore class to refine your ammo comps?" between times when I'm working, sleeping or trying to get some progress made when we're both available, please be patient until we finish the work that we've started. And I don't have a target date :-P

LOL I said I was spit balling.....

It was a out the box thing....but I didn't mean the terminal "exchanged" something...what I intended was the terminal was used to "build" a stack of something..sort of refining bile into a stack or a portion of a stack of vendor type parts that was used to build the flavor type..sort of extending the bile to useage, sort of like the toxicium darts ammo made in the agrippa *shakes fist at bayhkee* uses a raw ore to change the flavor of dmg. Only the bile is coupled to make a stack of parts to make flavor dmg. *shrug*

But I do get you point, you're working on it...being pragmatic etc. I'll try and be zen patient and shut up :)

Ohmmmmm  Madapadmaaahhaaa, Ohmmmmmmm :)