Net-7 Launcher Constant Deleted From System

Edit: "Net-7 Launcher Constantly Deleted From My System"

Hello One, and all. I come here with a problem.

I have installed this Emulator, for Nostalgia reasons and threw the suggestions of long time comrades. However I seem to of stumbled onto a problem.

Whenever I restart my system, The Net-7 Launcher is deleted from my system. The folder, and other aspects of it remain. However Not the launcher. The only way, if I decide to do so, Log back into the game is to re-install the launcher. Run threw the patches once again. Then only can I re-enter the game. Until, I restart my system once again. It is quite inconvenient. 

The only reason I can think of it is my anti-virus is blocking what it sees as a virus - or something harmful to my system. 

I am on Windows 7 Professional, and using Norton 360 as my Anti-Virus system. I know, I know Norton hate and bashing. However it is what I have.

Is this a known problem, or do I need more info? If that is the case, what info is needed?

Thank You.

Edited by Killerjd

It's your antivirus seeing the launcher as a threat. You have to get the launcher and the patcher into the 'trusted' files of Norton. I have no idea exactly how to do that as I steer far and clear from that program, as you have already noted here ;)

Good luck

Fly Safe

-Alurra

I'm afraid not, but my recommendation would be to search their knowledge base for a 'whitelist' or 'exclusion list'. That's what they are usually called. For some reason the version of our launcher packed with the installer is thought to be a trojan. It is most definitely not, but there's little we can do about it other than signing the code with a certificate. It's something on our agenda to look at doing.

Killerjd, I had the exact problem, with using Norton 360, and did find how to fix it. On my system, lower right corner, is an arrow pointing up, hovering over it says 'hidden icons'. Click that, and one of the hidden icons is Norton 360. Right click that icon, and one of your options is 'view recent history'. Click on that. The box that opens has a lot of options, the one you are looking for is Net-7, and it should show 'quarenteened'. There is an option to change that to previous (or before, I forget how it's worded), chose that and the problem is solved.

I know I'm not being 100% in my directions, but believe me, I don't know jack about computers. But, I found this, and it has worked 100%. I got the DELETE NORTON answer, which I wasn't about to, and a couple of other answers which were not very helpful. I no longer post to this board (tho I do read it). However, I couldn't stand by and watch a fellow Norton user have the same problem I had drift away.........

I hope this is enough info to help you out, if not, please post and I'll try to go thru it on my system again - which scares me a bit, cause I'm not all that good with computers. Good luck and I hope you are in game soon without the headaches.

Mephistopheles

Norton isn't a bad product, and I certainly would never recommend shutting them down other than very temporarily to test to see if your antivirus is the cause of an issue.

There's always a workaround. :)

That said, I saw this on my last virus scan where it removed the Launcher_1.8.0 from my backup drive, which is what's in the installer package, claiming it was a Trojan, as I'd said.

Anyway, once added to exemption list you'll be alright. We'll update that installer at some point so it's using much more current files and hopefully sidestep the problem for another few years.