Returning New Player : game starts computer crashes

the game gets to my ship landing in port then the computer crashes and resets . brand new to Net 7 , i played and have the original game disks . im guessing i havent done something .

i installed the orignal game disks and also installed the net7exe followed the instructions of it . also have windows xp 32bit

pent. 4 gateway computer . " Net 7 exe is V2.1.0 at left top and bottom right says : current version 516 "

also could use some working links to proper install and or links to file layout more than willing to look at every file and make sure its right thank you .

Edited by whoflungpoo

[attachment=3079:IMAG0723.jpg] 

this is what i see when i right click and run as

when i run as admin it asks for a password which i have none and it errors and closes

and i really appreciate you taking your time to help ty

Edited by whoflungpoo

Because you are running this on WinXP that is why you don't have the option to run as admin, so in lieu of this, I believe you should be running this in compatibility mode of Service Pack 2.  Also be sure to download and install teamspeak as Blacklung suggested. He can and will help you get into the game if it can be done and it's much easier to vocalize directions back and forth in real time.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you in game!

Fly safe

-Alurra

While mostly unrelated, I did find that E&BConfig.exe was very picky with what resolution I chose to run along with Wine.  It also severely dislikes (for me) Windowed mode.

Also, the test is pretty important for determining if he should run bilinear, trilinear or anisotropic.  Most likely bilinear if it's an older machine with a not-gaming-specific graphics card.

Edited by Nimsy