Hello to everyone

I found this great emulator only a few days ago and have spent a few days getting it to run. Thank you to all the people involved in getting this project up and running! E&B was a favorite game of mine for, well, as long as it lasted :) I have one comment/question if I may. This will be the second morning that I started to play E&B, and the second morning that I have to redownload the NET7 Launcher. Is it supposed to work like this? Or is there something I can do to change things?

I get a message that flashes by, something about the launcher is found to be a virus or something, and that it has been removed. The message doesn't stay long, sorry I can't tell exactly what it says.

Other that that - WOW, it is so nice to be back in E&B! Yes! :D

Thank you in advance for any help,

J B

Oh, I know Efialtis, the anti-virus clears the launcher as soon as it d'loads. The next morning I get that message that flashes by so quick, and it's not from the Norton 360 that I use. But, the launcher will no longer work until I delete the file and d'load it again. Tis the weirdest thing I've seen in a long time! Just hoping that someone has an idea what to do? My character is still there waiting for me as soon as I can log-in, just takes a while each morning to get there :)

There is something on your machine that is flagging it. This is not the 'normal'. Perhaps you have a malware program or something similar that is causing the problem to occur. I have never heard of anyone having this particular issue before.

If you want 'exact' assistance to get to the root of the issue, I think you're going to have to figure out which program is quarantining the files causing you to have to re-download them each day.

Good luck!

Thank you, Alurra, I figured it would wind up being something I'd have to try to track down, but was hoping it might be something that someone else might have encountered :)  With my skill level with a computer - hhmmm, it's probably something I'll just have to live with :unsure:  I can generally get a program to run, but have no clue how to troubleshoot something like this. My wife says I'm living proof that you can't teach an old dog anything.....tho I think she's wrong :D 

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I may have found something. I opened my Norton 360, opened security, and then program rules, then scrolled down to net-7, and changed that from 'auto' to 'allow' [which almost all other programs are on], hit apply and closed Norton. Gonna keep playing today and tomorrow we'll see how it goes :) Course, my wife could be right about old dogs...........

Okay, that didn't work either. And Norton IS the one that's flagging it. Hmmm, mayhaps my wife is right..........I'll try to do that exclude thing that Efialtis mentioned. Thanks for the help, I'm going to delete the launcher now and re-d'load it :(

I did find out one thing - if I leave the computer running all day [normal] Norton lets me play. However, as soon as the computer is shut off, the first thing Norton does is delete the launcher. If I have to redo this thing everyday, so be it, I am going to play!

Y'all be safe, and have fun  :)

Later,

J B

When I buy a new computer I uninstall norton as soon as the computer loads up . norton has to many back doors to it . 

Try http://www.superantispyware.com  it has a free program you can use .  best bet is to download it and let it run a scan . bet you have over 200 tracking cookies :))

Also try https://www.malwarebytes.org  they have a free program too.

These are what I use and so far they are alsome .

Best of luck and Welcome to the Emu.

Edited by Lobevaser