First of all, i wanna say thanks, thanks, thanks for all the devs and others who have gotten EnB back in a playable state so we can all enjoy it.
Im a huge EnB fan, loved it from day 1 when it launched years ago, and it was and still is my favorite mmo of all time. Of course getting into the emulator and finally playing again.....cant tell you how excited i was. I brought in many friends, including real life buddies, who all, like me, were of the most hardcore enb players. If people would stop playing enb...we would be the last ones....
Sadly im seeing a downward trend in EnB. People are leaving. These are your hardcore, most dedicated EnB players, who basically run the builds, run the markets, run the raids....and they are leaving.....I see it first hand, I see it in my friends list...they are leaving.
Now before you chime in, I know most will say, dont worry, more content is coming. Great! But thats not the problem. Thats not what kept us playing day in and day out back in EA Live, even though we ate through ALL the content. What was it?
2. Constant Raids
3. Always better items to shoot for.
Let me tackle the community first. Of course we all love enb, we wouldnt be here if we didnt. So you would think, thats a given. But its not. Obviously the first problem is, there is simply not enough of us. Averaging about 200 players online is....well...its pretty damn low. Over 1k average and then its getting closer to how a regular enb server might have been. So how do you get more people? The biggest thing is word of mouth. If the game is great, people are having fun, and we see more friends coming, its spreads like wildfire....but the opposite is happening. The reason people are leaving....well its because its not exactly how it was in EA live. Let me explain...
1. Tada Gate Raid - We all remember this? We all remember how, exciting it was to get to your first tada raid, and perhaps see other fellow pilots you talk to in market, or you grouped with before. Yeah, many would come from all sorts of guilds. It created a very interesting and fun event that got the server always involved - together.
But now you created one big problem - you made it a triggered raid. First of all, Tada was never a triggered raid. It always a timed based one. What did this do? It allowed anyone who was able to fight, and was able to be on time, to do tada whenever they pleased. It created a great entertainment during the week a few times, that you knew was coming. You knew at X time, Tada will be up, get your buddies out and lets go have fun! People who had no chance of ever gettin raid gear, suddenly found themselves in being in either an auction or a lotto system to get gear! It created fun, it created drama, most important, it created memories. So what do we have now?
Well, now we have this torturing task of trying to obtain feathers, and then on top putting all the other parts together in order to make one triggered device to run tada one time. Heres the problem.....we dont have 10k people playing this game, where there are many people out there making devices, and hence, creating raids, all the time. Were average 200 people online. Anyone who was hardcore into making tada raids, has either got all the gear and is done, and or has quit. Why? Because its really tedious to keep created fishmasters over and over and over again for Tado ----- But for FB its ok...thats how it was in Live and thats how it should be, plus it was a higher tier raid, which warranted more effort to do it.
But because its triggered it usually is guild only, so now it alienates the whole server into sections which in turn, hurts community and goes against one aspect that build EnB community in EA Live.
So this could of lead to constant weekly raids...Tada was the buffer until you could do the bigger/harder raids. Of course now we have some, but not all raids we had from EA Live are in....more are pending to come sometime in the future.
SOLUTION - Tada becomes timed based like it was in EA Live - Triggers remain for Fishbowl
2. Loot Tables - For some reason this is another problem thats still on going. There has been tweaks here, tweaks there. Our latest plague is Controller. Lets be honest, most people who raid him will say he drops crap...and thats true. We have killed him several times in the spam of 2 months...not....one...core. And most of the time he just drops 1 item. I mean cmon now....we want things to be challenging but not downright fustrating. Yeah devs tell us numbers are right....are they? I dont know. The loot tables on tada/fb were down right fustrating, just fustrating.
Now i heard, but dont remember that GOBB at one point, their weapons turbo equipped stacked with tada/fb. Obviously not the case anymore, but, you potentially had an extremely desirable, hard raid, that had all enb raiders, hardcores, vets, going buck wild crazy....for a chance for some really, really exciting loot. Now wether for game balance, or other reasons it was pulled. Whats left is really a side upgrade, nothing to exciting. But heres an example to think....ok, what can we do too really get people excited to do this. Maybe it wasnt 40% turbo stack, what about just 10% turbo equip stack? You know something unique, which can only be obtained from GOBB. I mean without specifics, think as a player, what the hell would make me drool over this...what would make me want to pursue this for x months at a chance getting?
SOLUTION - Further get loot tables to how they were in live - its getting there, but its not there yet...but keep it up, i know your working on it, and its very, very important. And spice up the loot where you can, get raiders excited! Dont hold back.
3. AA devices - Ok...these...are the most elite...rare...mythical items that was in EnB. I mean when we say rare...we mean rare. What did this create? It created the sense that no matter how much raid you did, how much gear you got....there was always that chance, that maybe, just maybe you might land an AA one day in your inventory. This created extreme excitement for ones who got one, and extreme jealousy for everyone else wishing to one day get one. But that hope, that chance to have one, was always there, as part of the drive among other things to keep going.
Just to clarify, not only were they extremely rare to get...you also had the chance that it will fail to be analyzed at station, and you get nothing.
What do we have now? You make them drop like flies. You go from random analyze to 100% turn in. You completely destroyed their value to where they are no more important then player made items. You have flooded the playerbase with so many AAs that some have vaults filled with AAs and not know what to do with them. I mean when you can go out, and in couple hours grab yourself 4 AAs? Seriously cmon now. A stinking feather is more rare then an AA! You guys just dont understand the concept of some things being meant to be special and rare, and if lucky, a powerful device. But this all went down the drain, not sure if this can be fixed with so many out there.
SOLUTION - AAs need to be the single most rare items in the game. Period. Its healthy for the end-game, dont spoon feed your playerbase, it creates instant gratification and then boredom.
4. Raids need to be harder - BUT not fustrating! As of now, i have yet to experience a raid wipe since we started Live. Not one. What this created is, we basically got all our gear...very, very quickly. Do we remember controller? Do we remember FB? They were not even raids that could be done solo guilded most of the time without server help. Now i understand server performance just wasnt ready for mass numbers to raid at once without crashes and what not, and hence, making it to difficult would be impossible. But....its gotten alot better, you can start fielding 3-4 groups easy now. And i see the devs slowly tweaking raids little more challenging each time, great. But, keep at it. They need to be HARD. And by hard i mean, like EA Live hard. So this one, i let it slack a bit more simply because its not entirely your fault because of server problems and population, but dont let this goal ever dwindle. Dont let us milk raid items with no challenge.
SOLUTION - Bring back raid challenges how they were in EA Live
Here is my final thoughts.....MMOs thrive on end-game. This is what keeps a MMO going, this is what keeps your vets playing, your experienced ones playing, who in turn provide so much benefit to the community, so very important.
These suggestions are widespread, pretty much everyone from the top 3 guilds, BI, Static, VGE that ive talked too, agree that not having these among other things implemented have driven many end-game players away.
Im speaking for many, that, as much as we appreciate you devs for all your hard work, take a seat back and just really look at the picture here. Think about some of the things were telling you. We know key points why EnB was awesome, and were trying to help you get it back closer to that goal. So dont shut us out, dont get offended, dont take it personal. We all love this game, we want it see it get better, and we definitely dont want to become a ghost town.
Discuss these or other factors troubling you.