Game Review on Earth & Beyond by BlackMaze!

Hey there guys,

Earlier today I rejoined the amazing game that I once played back in 2003. Straight away I was left in awe as nostalgy hit me from every direction.

Another shout out to some of the very helpful guys over at Epic Gamers that jumped in to help me.

I host my own YouTube channel and have put in my 2 cents by creating a video review on Earth & Beyond.

Please share this with friends and other people whom you think might enjoy this. Spread it through webpages to help Earth & Beyond grow!

I have also shared this over at the SpaceSimGames subreddit on Reddit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_71oOJ9B8[/video]

Appreciated EnB developers; Feel absolutely free to sticky this or use the video on any of your pages should you feel the video is worthy!

Thanks for watching, and see you in space soon!

BlackMaze

Edited by BlackMaze
  • Upvote 1

Hey there guys,

Earlier today I rejoined the amazing game that I once played back in 2003. Straight away I was left in awe as nostalgy hit me from every direction.

Another shout out to some of the very helpful guys over at Epic Gamers that jumped in to help me.

I host my own YouTube channel and have put in my 2 cents by creating a video review on Earth & Beyond.

Please share this with friends and other people whom you think might enjoy this. Spread it through webpages to help Earth & Beyond grow!

I have also shared this over at the SpaceSimGames subreddit on Reddit.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_71oOJ9B8[/video]

Appreciated EnB developers; Feel absolutely free to sticky this or use the video on any of your pages should you feel the video is worthy!

Thanks for watching, and see you in space soon!

BlackMaze

I have to say I have been with this game and community and other EnB website emulator developers for a very long time, your review is one of the better ones I have had the pleasure to watch.
I believe it was complimentary to the community and developers.
Well done. Edited by Phorlaug

We appreciate it. To answer some of your questions though, we do have an intent to try to grow it out a bit. I have story and content information that we've collected from the live game as well as some individually created content by some of our current (and former) developers. 

The problem most of the time is well... time. The content development team is rather small, although a couple of new faces have joined us in the past month are are getting themselves up to speed. One of the drawbacks from the technical point of view is that we do not have the game client's code, so some of the things that have been mentioned in regard to graphics (for example, the planets and the edges that are so clearly seen with today's cards) are beyond our skill to heal. Building a game client is a monumental effort, and not something we have found anyone willing to do for free. :)

At any rate, expect more soonish. I'll have to watch again and take some notes. :)