Vista, Megan and the bridge to the character database

I reformatted my 2007 machine and reloaded Vista in order to have a clean install of Windows 7 Ultima on my machine. Things weren’t quite going right, so this was necessary regardless. But I was excited – I was going to be able to see if EnB would get past Megan with a clean install of Vista. I thought it was possible.

After hours and hours of downloading and getting past the service patch 2 install, I was ready. I reinstalled EnB from my game disc, patched the program and did all the authorizations required.

Bam – I got past Megan. I couldn’t believe it. I was wowing at myself for being correct in my assumption. I made it to character creation. I quickly closed out Earth & Beyond and scampered into the Starship Creator. Made my toon and away I went.

Clicked EnB icon, saw Megan in my sights and fed in my password. Hit enter and found myself roaring with laughter as I slammed to the desktop.

With some of these Vistas Megan loses the bridge from password enter to character database. I introduced the Ultima upgrade and everything works fine.

Hope this helps.