Login not accepted

Ok sorry if it's a known issue, but i haven't found a topic about it.

I created an account on the forums (again, my old one was lost for good :P), and then one for the server.

I've got both of them activated (ie : i can log both on the forums and there), i've followed the step by step installations instructions, leading to the corret launching of the game via the 7 launcher (updates and such), but when i try to use the login/pass from net-7.org to log in game (the "Megan step"), i've got an error message saying my login information weren't accepted.

Maybe i've missed something (like changing the host->ip links or something), but i don't think so.

To sum it :

- i've installed the original game and patched it

- i've installed Net7 and Net7 tools

- i've updated Net7 and the game through the Net7 launcher

- i'm starting the game through the Net7 launcher

- the game launch fine

- when trying to log into the game on the server (tried both options available in the launcher :lol:), got an error saying that the login informations weren't accepted.

If you need some other info, let me know.

PS : thanx again for all the work, been some time since i last checked on the project and it has been a blast seeing the progress. Thanx again for all the work put into it so us E&B addicts can indulge again into one of the best mmorpg ever. :)

• Upvote 1

Ok i kind of fixed it (or at least found a workaround).

I created another account with a more simpler password (nott the 19 chars long with special chars in it :lol:) and it works.

So i guess either there is a problem on the client side with the lenght of the password, or and encoding problem either on the client or server side.

In the end, don't use too complicated passwords and stay away from specials chars in it. :lol:

The signup let me do it, gave me no error, and i still can log in on net-7.org with it.

Don't know why if it's not supposed to, but it's a fact.

And i didn't change my password ingame since i can't log in with that account. :)

(btw is there a way to reset the password to something working, since i would prefer using the same forum and ingame accounts).

The signup let me do it, gave me no error, and i still can log in on net-7.org with it.

Yes, i found a bug in the code and fixed it

(btw is there a way to reset the password to something working, since i would prefer using the same forum and ingame accounts).

Currently in bug fixing stage.

If you PM me the Username, E-Mail address and a new password you signed up with i will reset it for you.

Thanks