Ship paint changes not saving like they should...

I created my a character a few days ago and when I created her it was a Jenquai Explorer I used hull/wing 1 and at first I painted all primary and secondary with the metallic gold preset. I wanted to change it a little and some of the secodary I made flat silver I meant to put a decal on but forgot but I said to myself I can probably change it later.

I got to a station where I could change the paint scheme. I took all the secondary I made flat silver and used the metellic gold preset on them so that the ship had a nice solid color and added the decal I wanted from before, payed my 55,000 credits, and pressed accepted. But when I viewed her in the hangar she still had the old paint scheme from character creation. So I followed the advice of a fellow server mate and relogged, I actually closed the game down, waited a few minutes, and logged back in. The paint scheme was still messed up. Is this a bug or do I need to use the standalone ship editor?

the standalone char and starship creator isn't able to do changes to already ingame chars/ships u can only create a char offline(like the 3 new classes) and import em into the game once his is done u have to use the starbase ports..