Unable to install the Game

I've tried downloading and re-downloading the client and I've tried running compatibility mode for XP SP 3 (I am on Windows 8) but I keep getting the same error each, and every time. It keeps giving me a class error and saying it could not execute an external program from fileplanet, and just closes without attempting to launching the installer. It's kind of frustrating since I am trying to play this since I have fond memories of this game.

Are you getting the files from the portal? net-7.org

enb_demo installer did ask to visit fileplanet to obtain a key but that's the only mention i saw when installing it on a W8 box just now.

Yes, I am using the files from this site to try and install the game, using the enb_demo installer since I don't have the EnB game (I downloaded it and never owned a physical copy myself). I dunno what might be causing it, personally. It just keeps giving me a class error box then I click OK, and then it tells me unable to execute the external program, and just closes from there and doesn't run the installer.

Try XP-SP2 and run as administrator.

- although when i installed it i just ran it as administrator and didn't have any compatibility option set.

Tried various other compatibility windows settings, still the same issue. As a question, is it trying to open a browser? Since my default browser is google, do you think I need to use IE?

How far through the install are you getting:

So when you run eandb_demo.exe 

It pops up a blue window:

"Earth & Beyond Demo"

"Initializing Wise Install Wizard"

Then you see a dialog:

Perparing to retrieve Free Product Key - some blah + OK button

Progress Window

Installing:

Copying Installation Files:

Do you get past this point?