Login is a PITA

Hi,

FYI.. it is becoming a real pain to log in to the server in ST4.

I have to reset updates, and reapply them, change play to play2 everytime I want to login.

If I don't, the game blows up just after the EA login... everytime.

Looking for that Net-7 update RSN.

--Oozr

I have the same issue. When I launch N7, the server selection has play.net7.org, and I have to change it to play2.net7.org. When I try to run the update, it switches back play.net7.org. This is everytime I launch N7. Sure I can log in, but becoming annoying that I have to type the server in everytime I want to play. I got spoild just hitting play :)

Sorry Ravantos, but the issue is not crashing, the issue is the N7 launcher not setting for the new server. I can log-in fine, just have to change the server info from what it starts with play.net7.org to play2.net7.org. I will still try your method when I get out of work to find out if this will correct my issue. I havent tried to force an update, maybe that will fix it. But like I said before, when I try to update the launcher, it sets the server back to play.net7.org, this being the annoying part having to set the server link manually so I can play.

Sorry Ravantos, but the issue is not crashing, the issue is the N7 launcher not setting for the new server. I can log-in fine, just have to change the server info from what it starts with play.net7.org to play2.net7.org. I will still try your method when I get out of work to find out if this will correct my issue. I havent tried to force an update, maybe that will fix it. But like I said before, when I try to update the launcher, it sets the server back to play.net7.org, this being the annoying part having to set the server link manually so I can play.

This is only temporary, and is due to the IP address of the server changing and the DNS having to update. The length of time that you'll have to keep switching this is different for each person and depends on their ISP, although it could potentially be up to 72 hours. Opening the command prompt in Windows and typing in "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes may help, but isn't a guarantee. I've been able to connect and play on play.net-7.org since about mid-day today, so hopefully everyone will be able too soon.