Installation problem

Hi, I'm having difficulatly installing the game. I have downloaded the E&B Demo Client and the Net-7 Unified installer, but that's about it. I don't have a LaunchNet7 program. I figured maybe I need to run the unified installer, but when I attempt to do so, I get the following error..

NSIS Error
Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

I tried redownloading the installer, but still have the same issue. I guess I'm missing something, but what is it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ha, you beat me to the punch. It seems we're having the same problem so it must be new. I'll post what I put in mine here and see if I can delete my post.

[i]
When I try to install the 'Net-7 Unified Installer' I receive the following error. I've downloaded it with Chrome & IE as well as trying it on my laptop (both Windows 7). I ran it as administrator. Couldn't find this topic on the forums. Any ideas?[/i]

Thanks that fixed the issue. Yet I'm still unable to play.

I now have the Net-& launcher installed ok. I got it to update, yet when I click on 'play' at the bottom it tells me that in order to install the EnB demo, I need to get an access key and it attempts to send me to a website.

This doesn't seem to be necessary as it appears to install files using the installshield wizard and it puts an 'Earth and Beyond' icon on my desktop.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but am I not supposed to be able to play through the net-7 launcher? As every time I click 'play' it repeats this whole process. Booting from the Earth and Beyond icon puts up an updater where it looks for a patch and then fails. I'm assuming because its looking for an EA server that no longer exists rather than the Net-7 Server.

The path to the client on my Net-7 launcher reads D:documents and settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\eandb_demo.exe
Is this correct? The word 'demo' is confusing me a little, I thought it was supposed to be a full client. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Edited by Rasen

[quote name='Rasen' timestamp='1322925075' post='49153']
Thanks that fixed the issue. Yet I'm still unable to play.

I now have the Net-& launcher installed ok. I got it to update, yet when I click on 'play' at the bottom it tells me that in order to install the EnB demo, I need to get an access key and it attempts to send me to a website.

This doesn't seem to be necessary as it appears to install files using the installshield wizard and it puts an 'Earth and Beyond' icon on my desktop.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but am I not supposed to be able to play through the net-7 launcher? As every time I click 'play' it repeats this whole process. Booting from the Earth and Beyond icon puts up an updater where it looks for a patch and then fails. I'm assuming because its looking for an EA server that no longer exists rather than the Net-7 Server.

The path to the client on my Net-7 launcher reads D:documents and settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\eandb_demo.exe
Is this correct? The word 'demo' is confusing me a little, I thought it was supposed to be a full client. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
[/quote]

The client should be C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe is you have installed on XP in the default directory. Change the client to point there and you should be good to go. eandb_demo.exe is a compressed file containing the client files from the original game and should have installed these when you ran it first time.

Rolo

Thanks, the client wasn't in the default as I have more space on the D drive, but I was able to point the client there.

It now seems to have not updated correctly however as I get the error

Wrong AuthLogin.dll version
Your version 3.3.0.2
Required version 3.3.0.6

Tried fiddling with the check and reset updates options to see if I could make the launcher update again, but it doesn't seem to work.