Could not initialize installation.(CRC)

Hey guys.

I just downloaded the client and all the other stuff needed to play the game, but I can't install the client. I get the "Could not initialize installation.(CRC)" error. I browsed through this board and the only thing I found was that my download might be corrupt. But the file is 1,04GB big and as far as I know, that's the complete file.

I installed the latest version of .NET framework, but I still get that error. What else can I try? Right now I'm downloading the client once again, but the size seems to be the same. Don't know if it will help.

Hope you can help me.

I'm using Windows 7.

CRC means you have corruption, i would recommend you try to redownload.

I'm getting the same error, can someone post a SHA1 or MD5 hash of their enb_demo file so that I can check mine.. I suspect this is a problem with win7 x64 rather than a failed file..

Guest Uncle Bob

Hello, I just found out about this and thought it might be worth a closer look.

However, I seem to be having trouble with the download: The download always completes prematurely (the first file I downloaded was only 56 Mb big, the next 75). As things are, I dont have a flat rate, but a 15 Gig limit per month, so the download of 1.1 GB is kind of a luxury. If I manage to download the file to the last 100 Mb and then it failes (which seems to have happened to some people) there's no way in hell I can do another attempt this month.

So I guess the major questions are: why is the download so prone to get cancelled (never had this problem with any other file) and is there maybe some tool that would let me pick up the download from the point it stopped the last time?

However, I seem to be having trouble with the download: The download always completes prematurely (the first file I downloaded was only 56 Mb big, the next 75). As things are, I dont have a flat rate, but a 15 Gig limit per month, so the download of 1.1 GB is kind of a luxury. If I manage to download the file to the last 100 Mb and then it failes (which seems to have happened to some people) there's no way in hell I can do another attempt this month.

So I guess the major questions are: why is the download so prone to get cancelled (never had this problem with any other file) and is there maybe some tool that would let me pick up the download from the point it stopped the last time?

Which source are you downloading from?

Yes they are called download managers. Check Google there are lots of them out there and they are free. Also have you tried using the torrent file we have on the forum? The torrent automatically checks every single byte that is downloaded to make sure it corresponds with the given hash. So you get a non-corrupted file every time.

Let us know what happens. Good Luck.