Installation Problem: Product Key not Found (Resolved)

Hello! For starters, I downloaded the earth and beyond demo from Net-7 and am attempting to run it in Windows 7 Ultimate. I have the program set to Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode and am running it as an Administrator. However, when launching, I get (roughly):

"Before installing, you need to retrieve you free product key..."
"Press OK when Connected to the internet."

When I click ok, an error comes up as (Exactly):

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."
"Could not execute the external program http://www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx"

The installer then crashes. Since I cannot install the Demo, I cannot continue to reinstall Earth and Beyond on my new computer. Has anyone else had a similar problem or am I missing a step? Edited by Dialupman

Sounds like yer doing the right thing, I would recommend pinging that web address, make sure your PC can reach it. That file is required to authenticate EA's demo client. It's still there, I just tried it.

• 11 months later...