aggro indicators

if u pay attention you will see the diamond get bigger as they approach! they flash when they aggro you! sometimes tho they're just investigating and don't notice u as an enemy! it depends on mobs and scan ranges and signiture etc!

with a 8.4k sig tho (PW) everything flashed long before it fired a shot at me!

[quote name='Captain Tripss' timestamp='1315273277' post='45761']
I have noticed that the aggro indicator doesnt flash when something sees you and gives chase, but only when they start attacking.
Hope this isnt hard to fix :) Thx
[/quote]
It would also be nice if mobs could keep flashing as long as they keep looking for you when you cloak, so you can see when it's safe to decloak.

Something funny to watch that I've noticed is how the mob's check each other out as if to be asking "what the hell is wrong with you?!?!" before they actually see you and begin to aggro on you. And the behaviors between them greatly.. Some to seem to check you out but not aggro while others just seem nasty and attack on sight. The aggro indicator isn't always accurate I think but generally I like to give myself at least 5-6K of bufferage before de-cloaking to mine. Though I can usually empty an object before I take a hit to my shields and have to cloak.

In combat mode, the swarming of the mobs can be annoying. But I have learned to use that to my advantage and changed tactics to deal with it, which I am sure many here also have done. I like taking on 6-8 of the right mobs at a time, and get the XP jump from hell for it. :)
  • Upvote 1