Follow MOB is bugged

When hunting with beams, it's usually warp to hunting area, press e, space-bar, press f. Well, using something like lvl2 beams gets you almost in range of the mob, you end up following outside of beam range, and if you press a to move forward toward the target, breaking the follow, you actually start moving backward and have to press a again.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for posting this! I thought I remembered using auto-follow religiously in live but it isn't working for me here. It keeps me about 1.4k away from the Mobs which is well outside the range of my L2 beams (just started a JD). I don't remember the distance in live but maybe half the distance of your shortest range weapon would be a good starting point for Jenquai anyway. Maybe use different formulas based on race?

Its been many many years since i played on live
For some reason I remembered being able to set the range of auto follow with a /command

I was a Progen Sentinal useing missiles and wanted to set the range as far as I could in hopes of staying out of the range of some MOBs to have an advantage.

I could be remembering something else and confusing it with this game.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't remember that command,if it exists, please let me know. But the most annoying part is once you get to the 1.4k range from target. You are now in the mobs range, but not in beam range. So, you press a to break the follow and move forward, your toon actually starts moving backwards and you have to press a again.

Yes, i clearly remember that the auto followhas something to do with the range of the weapons to.

i remember it this way:
the auto folow tried to place you at range of the guns you use, even depending on the range of the guns. Something like 1k forbeams and 3k for projectiles, i cant remember the exact figueres but i clearly remember a PE and PW keeping at 4k or so and when switching to beams a lower range. Now its hardcoded to what? 2.5k or something.