Why the need to mimic "live" ?

Well, you all had some good points. I have to concede that 56k probably did impact the game more than I remember and did cause bottlenecks when not properly managed by the dev team.
I don't think gate spin-up is used for server transition though, the map screen that follows is used for that. (I wonder if new animation can be put in place?)

As for the second point, I do realize the Dev team is just trying to get things to work correctly. My point was more for the users that complain that this thing or that is "not how it was in live". I think those people will be really put-out when this game goes live as I'm sure the dev's have a boat load of ideas and content that they will surprise us with ;) I, for one, am really looking forward to that day!

(Also, I am a donator under this account, I just was logged in as another one when I posted :P )

[quote name='Galileo' timestamp='1312238610' post='43871']
I cant help but to notice a sense of complacency lately here and ingame from most. Ideas from folks are usually good and would probably go well in the "Bigger" picture of things. The only reason I am responding to this is because of someone starting their post with "Why". Just in my opinion, I dont think its our place to ask why, but to try and help out with what the Dev team has available to work with. For EnB to become stale at its present incarnation to anybody seems to be jumping the gun. Remember how excited we were when we got our first stress test email invite? I logged into Saturn, Im sure it was, and I was jumping for joy ... even though my ship could'nt even fly yet.
[i][b]GALI[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Ditto. I for one am very very appreciative of what we have gotten so far. Outstanding work.