Docking at station and teleporting to another sector

Greetings,

I do not know if this is the proper forum for this issue but twice now i've tried docking at somerled station in tau ceti, the loading screen appeared, instead of the station environment loading, I was teleported to nav ringway 1 in saturn sector.

-=EDIT=- This has happened for a third time now.

Thanks Kohrah, hopefully this is fixed now.

It's part of the auto-recovery system, I hadn't fully implemented it - if it needed to be used it would always beam you to Saturn. Now it takes account of where you actually wanted to go and sends you there instead!

This is good news in some respects because it means the system worked as intended - it's a simple matter to modify it so it works correctly.

Hope this kinda makes sense!

cheers,

TB

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Tienbau. I don't know if this is related to the same issue but last night,(7/7/11), I activated the Jupiter gate from Saturn and it loaded me into F7. When I came out of F7 I was back in Saturn. It only happened once so I'm hoping it was just a fluke but I have been noticing that gating in Swooping Eagle or Yokan can and has caused my ship to disappear or warp me out to some obscure nav. I also have an issue with my PS in Glenn and Swooping Eagle with her missions keying off as though I just completed a step for no apparent reason. That happens every time I am in those systems for an extended amount of time and every time I am docked at F7 for more than 5 minutes.

None of these things has been any real concern but just wanted to let you know.

I also had a weird thing happen to me yesterday, docked my JD at Mercury Station (GO) and was teleported to ...somewhere (background looked like Carp, but had no nav points and when I tried to warp I remained stationary like I was stuck in my own little space bubble. Simple relog fixed the problem, so I assumed it was my computer messing up (hence the delay in reporting it) but now I'm not sure.

[quote name='Ryjel' timestamp='1310163454' post='43059']
I also had a weird thing happen to me yesterday, docked my JD at Mercury Station (GO) and was teleported to ...somewhere (background looked like Carp, but had no nav points and when I tried to warp I remained stationary like I was stuck in my own little space bubble. Simple relog fixed the problem, so I assumed it was my computer messing up (hence the delay in reporting it) but now I'm not sure.
[/quote]

sounds like you ended up in Witchspace. Just as well you relogged in time otherwise you'd have been mobbed by an unrelenting tide of mobs of unbelievable power - but with unbelievable loot too.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1310190387' post='43068']
sounds like you ended up in Witchspace. Just as well you relogged in time otherwise you'd have been mobbed by an unrelenting tide of mobs of unbelievable power - but with unbelievable loot too.
[/quote]

heh, good thing I got out of there then, JD wasn't even OL 30 at the time :lol: