INV-300 and windows 7 pro

Okay guys were back for another round of INV-300 errors.. I have reinstalled my OS to try out windows 7 pro.

I saved my original folder from the last install that worked perfectly. I tried that inv-300 errors I tried all the solutions that CDel put on the faq. I re-downloaded the sunrise patch and certs and all that and still have to use local certs to login. Also I tried using the inv-300 fix in the launcher and install cert and all that and the launcher comes back invalid certificate. I tried disabling the windows firewall still no joy.

Knowing that I'd had issues with eset and this games certificates before I uninstalled eset in preparation for upgrades. During that time I removed the old install folder and net7 folder and with no a-v running I reinstalled e&b from the demo and the patch. No joy used the sunrise patch still no joy reinstalled certs from the net7 folder no joy. I tried using the launcher to force a update and a certificate install still nothing.

I installed the game the patch and net7 as administrator the exe's are already set to compatibility I've updated and still no joy..

Any idea's I'm at my limit of idea's.

About a month ago my dual boot win7 64 was running the game just fine, but after reading your post went in to see if it still works, and no joy, it just crashes back to desktop, this went on for 7, 8 times till I checked debug launch, that got me in. I have no idea what changes when debug launch is checked, the DEVs might be able to answer that but see if that helps.

did you try the patch right at the top of the list under '[b]I am getting the INV-300...'[/b] in the FAQ post?

The trick is NOT to use local cert once you've replaced the old files.

This needs to be unzipped to the root drive where E&B is installed, assuming you have used the default installation path. You may have changed your install path. If this is the case you'll need to find and replace the files by hand.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1306365423' post='41158']
did you try the patch right at the top of the list under '[b]I am getting the INV-300...'[/b] in the FAQ post?

The trick is NOT to use local cert once you've replaced the old files.

This needs to be unzipped to the root drive where E&B is installed, assuming you have used the default installation path. You may have changed your install path. If this is the case you'll need to find and replace the files by hand.
[/quote]

Let me go thru again what I did.

I installed 7 pro and I copy and pasted the folders from a storage drive, ran the updater, made paths thru windows firewall, made sure all of the exe's in the net7 folder ( in C:) and c/program files/ea/e&b/etc all are set to admin/xp pro sp3, inv-300 errors with and without the firewall enabled.

Second thing I did was get over it.. then I removed eset disabled windows defender and the windows firewall. I deleted both folders and installed from the demo ran the blasti99 patch installed net 7 updated and inv-300 errors, then I went and ran your sunrise patch installed with 7zip and replaced still didn't work. Then I tried using a different net7 install from the forums which I had worked with before and still not working.

I went so far as to look up the certificate handler and opened it and I only saw the local.net-7.org cert in intermediate handler folder and no where else I tried copy/pasting/importing and nothing helped. I even imported the certs to the intermediate and copied them to the trusted folder and tried and still didn't work.

I'm having other issues with 7 atm and I am thinking it's a bad install ( mozilla wont save settings and other issues) so I'll address this again after I reinstall my os and see if it helps.