A small hitch

Hi, I'm new to here and ran into a hitch with the installation of the net7 proxy server. It turns out the one i downloaded (net7setup_2_.exe) is of the incorrect version (v1.8.1). When i attempt to run the launchnet7 from the shortcut on the screen, it opens and shows me an offline server and a 'webpage cannot be found' error on the display. i have changed the lan_settings to automatically detect settings, but still no avail. I attempt to access the server anyhow and it tells me it cannot connect and that the net7 proxy version 2.04 is needed. the Command prompt then tells me running launchnet7 should automatically change it but it apparently has not. What am i still doing wrong?

I look forward to hearing a reply! :)

sincerely, zopet Edited by zopet

[quote name='zopet' timestamp='1306208366' post='41087']
Hi, I'm new to here and ran into a hitch with the installation of the net7 proxy server. It turns out the one i downloaded (net7setup_2_.exe) is of the incorrect version (v1.8.1). When i attempt to run the launchnet7 from the shortcut on the screen, it opens and shows me an offline server and a 'webpage cannot be found' error on the display. i have changed the lan_settings to automatically detect settings, but still no avail. is this correct or am i still doing something wrong?

I look forward to hearing a reply! :)

sincerely, zopet
[/quote]
redownload of the forums, right click net-7 and run as admin.
once done if it doesnt show online, click the word launcher at the top left of the launcher and hit reset updates, close everything and run again

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1306208616' post='41088']
redownload of the forums, right click net-7 and run as admin.
once done if it doesnt show online, click the word launcher at the top left of the launcher and hit reset updates, close everything and run again
[/quote]

Thank you very much sir, its up now, it took a reset of the updates to come to terms with this issue, i appreciate the help!